Brit Butt Light VIII - 2016 - Dragonchaser - 23rd July 2016

Good luck all. And you'll be alright John, stop playing mind games with rest of runners. Thanks for setting up spot page bob, will help me here in my hospital bed to keep track of it all. Not the ticker but motorcycle accident on Wednesday but I'll bring that to the forum on another post.

Ride safe, ride well and ride the bloody plan!

Be lucky guys, Iain.

Good luck all. And you'll be alright John, stop playing mind games with rest of runners. Thanks for setting up spot page bob, will help me here in my hospital bed to keep track of it all. Not the ticker but motorcycle accident on Wednesday but I'll bring that to the forum on another post.

Ride safe, ride well and ride the bloody plan!

Be lucky guys, Iain.
Blimey, hope you're not too badly hurt Iain?

Rick UK

Brit Butt Light Rally Master
Premier Member
IBA Member
So Rick, how twisty was your twist?

Good luck to all riders :)
11 riders plus 1 pillion set off at 8.00am! One DNS :-(
In addition to the rally book, riders have the opportunity to text in between 12.45 and 13.00 for 150 points. Extra points available for getting bonus 40 from the brewery shop, open 12.00-14.00.
All riders MUST get a picture of themselves with a 45cm tall rubber dragon!!!!

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well the location page is a little disappointing but it is showing last known locations for someone identified as 'bwk' tracking with an iPhone.

I don't know why only one and I'll conduct an inquest at a later date :(

Not too bad thanks Lee, broken leg just at bottom where it joins the ankle and a broken rib which makes getting around on crutches problematic to say the least...oh and lets not talk about the smoker's cough LOL. Accident on Wednesday night on way home from work just outside Bank of England and in Royal London Hospital since. Operation to set the leg tomorrow so should be ticketyboo in around 6 weeks, in time for Iceni Rally, praise the lord. Trying to find the post where we discussed ATGATT to give full details, cos all the gear did save me on one of the hottest days of the year so far.

Bob, yes it was a good idea and it would of been good. That one spot you mentioned seemed to show Penkridge,Staffs, so assume it's Mr Young. Thanks for your efforts anyway. Let's hope all updates are on this forum cos I don't access Facebook or Twitter.

Be lucky, Iain.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Sorry to hear about your accident Iain.
Hope you heal quickly.:)
Get them to keep you in hospital for the 6 weeks.
With a bit of luck they will cure your smokers cough as well, :p:p:D

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
BBL results slightly delayed - final version should be out tomorrow. However, top 3 are:
1. Dave Winter
2. Gerald Perkins
3. Stefan Davis

Bit of a boo-boo with the software
Riders have been informed.

So is that top 3 in no particular order rick? And are the guys still sweating or is it just the lower order results need verifying? So looking forward to tomorrow now!

Thanks for the condolences guys, much appreciated but no point being down about it and as el presidents likes to sing...
"Always look on the bright side of life..." or as I like to whine "mustn't grumble!"

I will get the post up but after the op now, anyway, be lucky guys, and trust all light runners had a good ride...looking forward to hearing all about it soon, Iain.

Last edited:

Rick UK

Premier Member
IBA Member
So is that top 3 in no particular order rick? And are the guys still sweating or is it just the lower order results need verifying? So looking forward to tomorrow now!

Thanks for the condolences guys
Top 3 is as posted above, after a quick revisit of the results. I need to review 4, 5, and 6, to make sure the issue is fixed.

Condolences from me, too. Been meaning to post something, but as you might imagine I've been a tad busy today. Heal fast, and hope to see you at the ICENII.
Rick

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
So, here's a lesson.

IF :

1. AutoRoute is telling you that you can't ride your planned route in the time available ; and
2. Basecamp is telling you that you can't ride your planned route in the time available ; and
3. Your Garmin 660 is telling you that you can't ride your planned route in the time available ; and
4. Your Garmin 590 is telling you that you can't ride your planned route in the time available

then why are you surprised when you planned route goes "tits-up" barely 2 hours into the rally ?

Lol !!!