Brit Butt Rally 17th to 19th Sept 2021

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Entry is now open here.
https://ironbutt.co.uk/w3/bbr.php

The Brit butt Rally is a 36 hr photo rally. On the Friday evening you will be given a rally book with photo locations. It's impossible to visit all the bonuses in the 36hrs. You plan your route Friday evening to gain points by photographing each visited bonus and return to the rally hotel. The rally runs from Saturday morning until Sunday evening. There will be a substantial amount of not to be missed points to rest on saturday night. The rally hotel will be in the midlands. The entry fee includes a pasta meal on Friday evening, the finisher banquet and a commemorative t- shirt.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Paid, Fired up and Ready to Go.
My aim is have a fun, safe ride and that I will be able to improve on being a magnificent last in 2019
As the new Rallymaster I can guarantee you will have fun planning your ride and enjoy the bonus locations you decide to visit Saturday and Sunday.

J.Young

Triumph Triple Engine mounting brackets expert
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Has it been definitely confirmed that there will be other options for scoring (claiming bonuses) in the BBR other than the "claim as you go" method that was used in the Iceni Rally ?

Last edited:

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Has it been definitely confirmed that there will be other options for scoring (claiming bonuses) in the BBR other than the "claim as you go" method that was used in the Iceni Rally ?
It's been definitely confirmed that the only way to score in the BBR is to send an email in the prescribed format to the prescribed email address within the prescribed timeframe.

There are of course several ways in which such emails might be created and sent, the main variables being the equipment, dexterity and mindset of the entrant but there's certainly no need to hang about some remote Welsh mountain looking for signal as, once the [Send] key is pressed, emails will be sent automatically in most cases when signal becomes available. A simple check and mailbox flush back at the ranch will account for the exceptions.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
It's been definitely confirmed that the only way to score in the BBR is to send an email in the prescribed format to the prescribed email address within the prescribed timeframe.

There are of course several ways in which such emails might be created and sent, the main variables being the equipment, dexterity and mindset of the entrant but there's certainly no need to hang about some remote Welsh mountain looking for signal as, once the [Send] key is pressed, emails will be sent automatically in most cases when signal becomes available. A simple check and mailbox flush back at the ranch will account for the exceptions.
For us luddites.
What's a mailbox flush?
'Back at the ranch' is that rally HQ at the end of the rally?
If so why bother to email in during the rally when it's acceptable to submit at the end?

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
For us luddites.
Hmm, Luddite "a person opposed to new technology or ways of working" in this case email, getting the message across since the 1970s.

There will always be an excuse to not enter a rally; there will always be an excuse not to win that rally. Those who do enter will discover that the scoring system, as with all other aspects of staging the event, has been thought through and is simple, reliable and efficient.

Rally participation is optional but anyone who does wish to enter the rally will need to supply an email address at first registration, will receive emailed bulletins in the period leading up to the rally, will receive GPX files and other information by email and will generally need to have basic levels of competence using email, mapping software and other "new technology".

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hmm, Luddite "a person opposed to new technology or ways of working" in this case email, getting the message across since the 1970s.".
Practically ancient then. How about moving with the times and using a means of communication designed for use with a mobile phone rather than a laptop or desktop?

J.Young

IBA Member
IBR Finisher

As ever Bob, when replying to a question I pose, you decide to answer a question I haven't asked. A career in politics clearly awaits you.

Fortunately someone has actually answered the question I asked .....

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Fortunately someone has actually answered the question I asked
I think you'll find that I answered your question very directly and accurately. What you might mean is that someone else gave you an answer that you liked, in which case you may have been misled.

J.Young

IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I think you'll find that I answered your question very directly and accurately. What you might mean is that someone else gave you an answer that you liked, in which case you may have been misled.
I think you need to read my question again ......