Brit Butt Rally 25th to 27th May 2018

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
This is first time in 11 years that I won't be participating in the BBR.
Good luck to all I will be thinking of you all, just remember get to the finish and enjoy the ride.
I hope to be back soon.

Last edited:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
24 of the 35 entries set out early this morning and are now spread across England and Wales.
Pictures are coming in by email and being verified and scored as they are received

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher

81 bonuses---------- 1 of each of the 9 themes in each of the 9 areas
Extra points for multiply bonuses in same area or multiple bonus of same theme.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher

The scoring matrix
X1 is send email of flag and odo (call in bonus)
X2 is to start the minimum 6hr sleep bonus
X3 is a 2nd call in bonus

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The police found it locally with a damaged steering lock :D
That's great news ... gets the bike back which is a plus and hopefully minimum damaged just steering lock fecked...

I was always under the impression that the hotels chosen were secure and with the rally admin/helpers prevented this .??.
Was this down to Premier Inn not monitoring the CCTV ??

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
John Young is out of the rally as he has dropped his phone out of his pocket and broke the screen making it un-useable

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Some riders pictures

This rider really got abreast of things getting a couple of young ladies and a stray arm to help display his flag in a picture of the whole viaduct as required. Some riders have been taking pictures showing parts of the viaducts so didn't get the points.

One rider went to the SW and took this impressive picture that included his bike. He is the only one in the SW!!!!!

Not surprising only part of the viaduct photographed because the coordinates lead you to the road directly under an arch. We went over the river to the viewing area to get the full shot.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm in the north, went from 25c in Aviemore, to 11c in 20 minutes! at least it's been sunny all day until the thick fog rolled in!

John Young is out of the rally as he has dropped his phone out of his pocket and broke the screen making it un-useable
So no back-up system in place for unseen events, without wanting to upset "saphena" in the past there was always an alternative method of scoring points and getting a finish:(.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
The back-up system in the old days would be for John to have used his spare camera after wrecking his main one; the back-up system this time would be for him to use his spare phone but he failed to plan for unseen events.

J.Young

Triumph Triple Engine mounting brackets expert
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
The back-up system in the old days would be for John to have used his spare camera after wrecking his main one; the back-up system this time would be for him to use his spare phone but he failed to plan for unseen events.
If only I had been carrying a spare digestive system with me in 2017 eh ? How stupid of me to overlook that essential part of ones "rally kit" ..... Lol !!