22 Kim Leeson 14
23 Nigel Smith 10

Wully

Coxy ....:D

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well, after losing my Flag between the last bonus and HQ, placing my Flag in the wrong position on a bonus in Scotland....the rookie came in last place at the BBR 2016.
I decided the only solution was more practice...so I set off at 7am on that Monday morning from Fosse Park, Leicester.

I've taken notes and learn't from my mistakes, looking forward to next year already...thoroughly enjoyed it, many thanks to John, Phil and the whole Rally team...it was a cracking weekend.

3. Captain Smith, Litchfield
73. Son of Sam, Penkridge...Arrived 8am morning after the BBR, nothing was moving and didn't want to knock.
9. Triumph Dealer, Wolverhampton...no longer there
29. Triumph Dealer, Birmingham
8, Umberslade Park, Warwicks
80. National Motorcycle Museum
10. Red Arrow Pub, Lutterworth
39. Village Sign, Cogenhoe

3. Captain Smith
3 Captain Smith, Staffordshire.jpg

73. Son of Sam
73 Son of Sam, Penkridge.jpg

9. Triumph Dealer

9 Triumph Dealer, Wolverhampton.jpg

29. Triumph Dealer

29 Triumph Dealer, Birmingham.jpg

8, Umberslade Park

8 Umberslade Park, Warwicks.jpg

80. National Motorcycle Museum

80 National Motorcycle Museum, Solihull.jpg

10. Red Arrow Pub

10 Red Arrow Pub, Lutterworth.jpg

39. Village Sign

39 Village Sign, Northants.jpg

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well, after losing my Flag between the last bonus and HQ, placing my Flag in the wrong position on a bonus in Scotland....the rookie came in last place at the BBR 2016.
I decided the only solution was more practice...so I set off at 7am on that Monday morning from Fosse Park, Leicester.

I've taken notes and learn't from my mistakes, looking forward to next year already...thoroughly enjoyed it, many thanks to John, Phil and the whole Rally team...it was a cracking weekend.
Well Kim... You finished... and in that no place is necessary.

On a personal note I spent the weekend observing and gathering information for my first rally .. so your well ahead of of me on the rallying ...

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Kim

A good addition to your tour. It can help you hone your timings for rally style riding.

Did you claim bonus 50 while you were out? I know its quite a distance from bonus 73......

64 is the killer though o_O

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done Kim, I applaud your attitude to learning. Getting back on the horse/bike is what it's all about. I'm sure the BBR experience and lessons that have been learnt will stand you in good stead for the Eurotour. :)

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Kim the tour is good for practicing stopping for a minimum time at bonuses. Perfect and use the same system every time.

I have lost 3 flags so I have never learnt!!!!!!!

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate your encouraging comments...time at the bonuses wasn't too bad, it was time changing layers, gloves etc. The Kriega system doesn't work, too many straps.
I spent the weekend designing, fabricating brackets too carry a iM2450 Pelican case, something I can get into quickly. I also used time looking for a motel in Scotland, it was cold and I didn't fancy a kip on a bench or petrol station.
Garmin also sent me over Hardknott pass, in the Lake District (which was stunning, early evening) but not what I had programmed, so more way points are needed to force the route I had planned....and critical, bring less, planned for potential breakdowns and it's just not practical carrying spare parts.
The one thing that was flawless was the machine, think she would of happily turned around and done all it again in a heartbeat, I bought her hardly used, stripped her and serviced every bolt, elec. connection, hose, wire...so need more faith in machine. Flat tire, bulbs, oil is probably all that's needed to fix, everything else there's Mastercard! All good experience, wish I could join you on RBLR, hopefully next year.
Hoping the Eurotour will be fantastic with lessons learned and knowledge gained from the BBR.

Cheers,
Kim

Mark, well done on you 4th, great trip report, hope the head is almost healed.

Gordon, no I didn't do 63, figured the 8 was enough in the morning, and still the ride home, just as well don't think I was 100% yet,. Didn't see a car in Birmingham traffic, that made me realise my concentration levels were lacking, and probably a bit fatigued.

John Young

Triumph Triple expert.
Thanks guys, I appreciate your encouraging comments...time at the bonuses wasn't too bad, it was time changing layers, gloves etc. The Kriega system doesn't work, too many straps.
I spent the weekend designing, fabricating brackets too carry a iM2450 Pelican case, something I can get into quickly. I also used time looking for a motel in Scotland, it was cold and I didn't fancy a kip on a bench or petrol station.
Garmin also sent me over Hardknott pass, in the Lake District (which was stunning, early evening) but not what I had programmed, so more way points are needed to force the route I had planned....and critical, bring less, planned for potential breakdowns and it's just not practical carrying spare parts.
The one thing that was flawless was the machine, think she would of happily turned around and done all it again in a heartbeat, I bought her hardly used, stripped her and serviced every bolt, elec. connection, hose, wire...so need more faith in machine. Flat tire, bulbs, oil is probably all that's needed to fix, everything else there's Mastercard! All good experience, wish I could join you on RBLR, hopefully next year.
Hoping the Eurotour will be fantastic with lessons learned and knowledge gained from the BBR.

Cheers,
Kim

Gordon, no I didn't do 63, figured the 8 was enough in the morning, and still the ride home, just as well don't think I was 100% yet,. Didn't see a car in Birmingham traffic, that made me realise my concentration levels were lacking, and probably a bit fatigued.
Kim - "Son of Sam" lives at my house and that's why we weren't there as we were at the Rally Hotel !!

Next time you're passing, pop in and I'll introduce you to him

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member

Cheers,
Kim

Kim

not 63 but 64.......

As for 50

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi every one.
Listed below are the current standings in the Brit Butt Tour. I wish to apologise for the delay since my last update.
Unfortunately I have had two major operations. I am now on the road to recovery despite having a 2" hole in my belly has the wound reopened.

NO NAME TOTAL
1 Barry Coleman 19
2 Philip Wellman 0
3 John Theobald 8
4 Gordon Sears 62
5 John Cunniffe 1
6 Chris Butler 13
7 Jack Caldwell 5
8 Keith Langridge 1
9 Dave Thomson 6
10 Graham Lindley 0
11 Thomas Wendt 0
12 Foster Smith 0
13 Roland Fenwick 0
14 John Cox 90
15 Thomas 13
16 Dave Craddock 0
17 Debi Devine 0
18 Steve Kirk 0
19 Wulstan Melling 3
64 Philip Weston 0
20 Alan Thimbleby 6
21 Mark Bates 8
22 Kim Leeson 23
23 Nigel Smith 17

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Wully, sorry to hear you're a bit under the weather, hope you're out riding soon.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Wulstan,

Sorry to hear about your current situation, hope your recovery is speedy and back on the bike soon.

...Two weeks ago I collected 4 more bonus'es, it took a gorgeous Sunday and 327 miles to get them, but was a great ride.
Should of picked up 53 - Bricks, Windsor, but I was running out of time, so had to recalculate (good planning exercise)...
Some beautiful roads around the North Wessex Downs, would like to go back and explore some more.

74 Triumph, Croydon (closed)

upload_2016-8-14_10-2-55.jpeg

14 Aldershot Football Club

13 St Mary & St Nicholas Church, Compton

30 Horse Sculpture, Compton

Kind Regards,
Kim (No. 22)

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just two months left. i haven't posted the 3 pics i took at start of the year and havent taken any more since.

I'd better get my act together

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi everyone

You may be pleased to hear I'm on the road to recovery now, I started to ride a last week half an hour was enough but its starting to build
anyway not many pictures have been submitted while i've been recovering. The current standings are:

1 Barry Coleman 19
2 Philip Wellman 0
3 John Theobald 8
4 Gordon Sears 62
5 John Cunniffe 1
6 Chris Butler 13
7 Jack Caldwell 5
8 Keith Langridge 1
9 Dave Thomson 6
10 Graham Lindley 0
11 Thomas Wendt 0
12 Foster Smith 0
13 Roland Fenwick 0
14 John Cox 90
15 Thomas 13
16 Dave Craddock 0
17 Debi Devine 0
18 Steve Kirk 0
19 Wulstan Melling 3
64 Philip Weston 0
20 Alan Thimbleby 13
21 Mark Bates 8
22 Kim Leeson 27
23 Nigel Smith 17

Hope this tallies with your records, but if not contact me.

Wully

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Well done Gordon getting there me old son
So is it only going to be the two of use this year or will Mr Cunniffe have a burst on his new bike?

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Still a few to go John, but the weathers deteriorating so I should be able to get out and do a few more now.