Brit Butt Tour 2017

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This is your chance to have an excuse to ride somewhere.
For the entry fee of £20 you will be sent electronically the 2016 Brit Butt Rally book and bonus locations. During 2017 you visit as many or as few bonuses as you can. Every entrant will get a certificate recording how many locations they have visited.

Full details can be found on the Iron Butt Association UK website
http://www.ironbutt.co.uk/bbtour.php

If you are are going to try any of our rallies for the first time this is a good way to practice routing and timings

In 2016 we gave £150 to BBC One shows Rickshaw challenge.John Cox has visited every bonus for the 1st 3 years of the BBT so chose the charity. He said" They are inspirational kids, on wheels riding long distances, much like iron butt riders"

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
In and raring to go. The weather is excellent for riding Cold, wet, foggy and some snow :)

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Well the monies have gone and we will be on.
So Young Gordon is that me and you 1 and 2???
Get you name down Mr Cunniffe lets see if we can get you a certificate this year then you can take my last years on off your wall and let me have it.

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Are the number one must relate to the one site you sent to Wully that you got in France Mr JON12A

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Well, a day sat in front of the computer and that's the last five SS1000s submitted for 2016. Just need that BBT2017 number now......

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Your sarcasm is noted Coxy ! , i wont forget it when i pass you broken down again at the side of the road on that scrappy old Honda.
However my £20.00 has been sent just so you can look good at the General meeting/awards ceremony at the end of the year.

Last edited:

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Has anyone got the BBT flag numbers yet ?
Don't seem to be able to get hold of Phil .

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Out today (08/01/17) and hopefully picked up eight locations. Could have been more but Wightlink Ferries cancelled the 12 0'clock boat off the island....

45 Clock Tower

30 Hadlow Castle

01Carisbrooke Castle

50 The Owl Inn

34 Chiswick House Gatehouse

66 Henry Irving Statue

79 Jubilee Gates, Regents Park

44 Chester Road Gates, Regents Park

Last edited:

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hello everyone Happy New Year
The first few pictures have started to arrive the mild weather seems to be encourage you lot to get out GREAT

Just a couple of things, please put the checkpoint number with each picture, if you are sending pictures for a friend do not send them attached to your pictures. send them separately, it keeps record keeping easier.

Any issues contact me on [email protected]

Will see you at John and Sonia's next week RTE, I will be late as i'm working.

BRIT BUTT TOUR 2017
NO NAME TOTAL
1 John Cox 0
2 Robert Hook 13
3 Martin Grafton 13
4 John Morning 0
5 Gordon Sears 8
6 Kim Leeson 0
7 John Cunniffe 0
8 Graeme Dawson 0
9 Martin Buck 0
10 0
11 0
12 0
13 0
14 Wulstan Melling 0

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Nice photos Martex :) I've got similar ones from the actual rally last year and 3 out of the 6 were taken in the dark late on the Saturday night. In fact I had a job to even see that castle, but luckily I still got credited with the points. I always wondered what they'd look like in day light :D

Such is the places we get to visit at such strange times during the rally weekend. You ought to give it a go as it's a great experience.

Martex

Nice photos Martex :) I've got similar ones from the actual rally last year and 3 out of the 6 were taken in the dark late on the Saturday night. In fact I had a job to even see that castle, but luckily I still got credited with the points. I always wondered what they'd look like in day light :D

Such is the places we get to visit at such strange times during the rally weekend. You ought to give it a go as it's a great experience.

Looking at all your rally kit at the AGM, I think I need to do some serious prep
before having a go. I am clueless with Basecamp. If someone could magic up a
route for me, I would be up and away!
PS I least at night, you couldn't see all the grass and muck in the lanes!