Brit Butt Tour 2020

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news Dave but the bonus locations as you are aware were based on a standard deck of 52 cards.
You are only listing 51 :eek::eek::)
I have just checked mine and I definitely have 52, so you have missed one.
Can I suggest you check St Ann's well and the Donkey seat bonuses as the are very close together and easy to miss.
Good luck with finding the last one :p:p

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news Dave but the bonus locations as you are aware were based on a standard deck of 52 cards.
You are only listing 51 :eek::eek::)
I have just checked mine and I definitely have 52, so you have missed one.
Can I suggest you check St Ann's well and the Donkey seat bonuses as the are very close together and easy to miss.
Good luck with finding the last one :p:p
Thanks Steve, it would have been bad news indeed if you hadn’t spotted it. I’ll have a look and find the missing location.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
3 Days in Scotland.

A bit more detail on my trip.

Started in Greenoch on the first day in Scotland.

The single track roads on the west coast are quite challenging at the moment. I didn't stop, just kept a steady pace, about 15mph average, I think. Certainly felt like that.

Ones to watch.

Murlaggan was 17 miles of shite. Crumbly, greasy adverse cambers, sloped towards the Loch, potholes. Each way.

Ardnamurchan was OK ish. Long stretch of single track with passing places. Last 2-3 miles were like wrynose and hardnott.

Loch Hearn Head Tea Rooms, not too bad (21.5 miles each way) apart from last 1 1/2 miles. Downhill, probably 20 - 25 % slope. Road surface breaking up, adverse cambers. Grit had been applied making surface slippery. Tea rooms were closed :(

Ord House, single track not too bad.

East Coast - Tod Head Lighthouse. Access through cattle farm. 1" slurry (cow shit) across entire road (single track) for last 1 1/2 miles. Down hill to lighthouse.

Didn't do Gairloch, Durness or JoG as I ran out of time.

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi
Thanks for entering the Brit Butt Tour.
For those who this is your first Brit Butt Tour I am the tour administrator, I am the person who checks your photos and attempt to answer questions you may have.
You should now be in possession of the checkpoint locations and rally book so you know what you are looking for. Hopefully you will be planning your ride outs, remember this was last year’s Brit Butt Rally so it will be challenging. But please remember this is fun.
To claim your checkpoints you must email your photos to me, you can also post them on the forum.
My email address [email protected]
When you submit your photos I require the following info.
Your name
Rally no
Checkpoint no
Checkpoint name as detailed in rally book.
If you can do this it makes marking the tour much easier and less time consuming.
As with the All IBAUK rallies, you can submit your photograph if taken on your smartphones when you visit the checkpoint.
Email the photo to me. The title of the email as follows
Bbt20 your rally no checkpoint no.
Eg
Bbt20 10 kgd
If you intend to enter IBRUK rallies this is good practice for you.
No other form of submission will be accepted, just the email to me.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
3 more bonus locations on my way to John Youngs.
Having trouble loading pictures to Forum but this is where I went.

Donkey Bench, Great Malvern
St Anns Well (very steep hard climb) Great Malvern
GR Bench (very slippery with ice) , Milton under Wychwood
:):)

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi
Listed below are the current standings for this years BBT. If you have an issue with your score please email me at wulstangsman@btinternetcom

I have been keeping the score for the BBT now for many years and shocked at number of checkpoints already visited, who will be the first to do all 52.

Now BBT20 is meant to be a bit of fun and also practise for Iron Butt UK rallies. Checkpoints that are difficult or have unique problems when visiting may altered. Checkpoint KGD Spaceguard centre Kenton. This checkpoint has unique issues so a picture from the road of the gate with the Spaceguard plaque on it, will be acceptable.

And finally I don't have all your email addresses could I ask you drop me a email with your name and rally no.

Name No. Total
Peter Brown 1 0
Kim Leeson 2 0
Len Jubb 3 5
Sean Sowley 4 0
Bill Halley 5 0
Darren Forster 6 4
Michael Smith 7 0
Gordon Sears 8 19
Lee Foster 9 0
Ian Speight 10 0
Martin Grafton 11 0