Brit Butt Tour 2020

Martex

As mentioned before. 06h St Annes Well is a narrow steep road. If it is freezing do not attempt to ride up the last bit.
There are 3 hairpin bends and there is water flowing around all 3. BBT 2020 06D St Ethelbert's Well.JPG BBT 2020 06H St Annes Well.JPG BBT 2020 07D GR Park Bench.JPG BBT 2020 07H Donkey Bench.JPG BBT 2020 10D Sharpness.JPG BBT 2020 10H Bridge Memorial Lydney Harbour.JPG BBT 2020 KGS Mullion Golf Club.jpg

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Some of you might recognise Dungeness lighthouse (the old one, the new one is behind me) orig25.jpg

On the way back from this I experienced what Hastings laughably describes as a "ring road" - golly, what fun. A tour of the back streets probably marginally more town centrey than the official town centre route, complete with unmarked turns, potholes and general "why am I here" sensations.

Last edited:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher

KGS St Mullion Golf club. I find the bike makes a handy hanger for the flag and I'm less likely to leave it behind!!!!

06S Rame Church

06C Fort Bovisand LH This is a pic of the gate and fort. The road to the lighthouse around the corner was closed off.

03D Overbecks.NT No sign of the sign. I reckon it has been renewed

03H Mill Bay NT The NT plaque and as not obvious I'd love to know if anyone found it

If you wondered... I load my full sized pics to The Photobucket App and put a link in the post.

Cornwall/Devon cornwall is always a challenge in the winter. Too often the sat nav will take you up a single track road which is a shorter than the main road as it has the same speed limit and it thinks it's faster too. Which it is not.

Those roads and into some of the dead ends are covered in mud washed off the banks and tracked from the field by the locals. And to cap it all there are blind/steep hairpin bends covered in water filled potholes so you can't see how deep they are.
I don't want to give too much away and spoil your fun. :cool:
The good news is there was not much traffic and though it was a bit dank it stayed dry.

SDoc 100 soon clears that up.

Last edited:

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi all entrants in the BBT20
Find listed below the currant standings.
I will be away at the Elephant Rally so wont be updating the scores next week.

Name No. Total
Peter Brown 1 0
Kim Leeson 2 0
Len Jubb 3 5
Sean Sowley 4 0
Bill Halley 5 0
Darren Forster 6 4
Michael Smith 7 0
Gordon Sears 8 22
Lee Foster 9 0
Ian Speight 10 0
Martin Grafton 11 7
John Cunniffe 12 0
Dave Badcock 14 0
Ewan Fowler 15 0
Steve Westall 16 7
Robert Higgs 17 0
Bob Stammers 18 5
Pete Howe 19 5
Jonathan Baker 20 0
Darran Hart 21 6
Wulstan Melling 22 0
Martin Buck 45 0
Bob Badger 55 16
Phil Weston 70 5

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi
wulstangsman@btinternetcom

I have been keeping the score for the BBT now for many years and shocked at number of checkpoints already visited, who will be the first to do all 52.

Now BBT20 is meant to be a bit of fun and also practise for Iron Butt UK rallies. Checkpoints that are difficult or have unique problems when visiting may altered. Checkpoint KGD Spaceguard centre Kenton. This checkpoint has unique issues so a picture from the road of the gate with the Spaceguard plaque on it, will be acceptable.
Spaceguard Centre.JPG

Wully did you mean here or at the end of this track?

Quill4

Brit Butt Rallymaster
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
As the person who selected the BBR19 bonuses, now the BBR20 tour, I find myself wincing at the conditions people are riding through. Please remember that it was meant to be a challenging ride at a time of the year when days are warmer and longer. Riding some of these bonuses in January is upping their difficulty level considerably.

The Spaceguard centre near Knighton (not Kenton) can be accessed from two directions, both are paved, but one had grass growing in the middle when I visited it last April. I suggest therefore that you approach it from the Knighton direction,

I am very impressed with the enthusiasm being shown in the pursuit of the bonuses so early in the year, but maybe the ride will be a little more pleasant and scenic when the weather warms up. You are of course all old enough to make your own decisions, just be careful on that pig slurry.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
As the person who selected the BBR19 bonuses, now the BBR20 tour, I find myself wincing at the conditions people are riding through. Please remember that it was meant to be a challenging ride at a time of the year when days are warmer and longer. Riding some of these bonuses in January is upping their difficulty level considerably.

The Spaceguard centre near Knighton (not Kenton) can be accessed from two directions, both are paved, but one had grass growing in the middle when I visited it last April. I suggest therefore that you approach it from the Knighton direction,

I am very impressed with the enthusiasm being shown in the pursuit of the bonuses so early in the year, but maybe the ride will be a little more pleasant and scenic when the weather warms up. You are of course all old enough to make your own decisions, just be careful on that pig slurry.
Much prefer riding in the torrential rain and freezing temperatures to fighting the hoards of camper vans in the summer months, but each to their own.

We ride alone.......