Brit Butt Tour 2022

DangerDarren

I think 59 Backside lane sign has been removed. Google streetview shows the sign in correct place a few years ago, but not in the Jan 2022 refresh. I did however find a sign at other end of street which will hopefully be acceptable, right?

59-backside-lane-small.jpg

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Maybe a better idea to post this in the 2022 thread.

Help, I'm interested in entering the Brit Butt Tour but how would I translate the cordinates from the rally Book into a format that either my TomTom Rider or ITNConverter will recognise?

Lets use N59° 05.581' W3° 10.887 as an example because i'm probably being a **** here.

Entbiker

Maybe a better idea to post this in the 2022 thread.

Help, I'm interested in entering the Brit Butt Tour but how would I translate the cordinates from the rally Book into a format that either my TomTom Rider or ITNConverter will recognise?

Lets use N59° 05.581' W3° 10.887 as an example because i'm probably being a **** here.
I have Tom Tom you go to search then to whole map up in corner then scroll down to latitude and longitude at bottom and bobs your uncle.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I have Tom Tom you go to search then to whole map up in corner then scroll down to latitude and longitude at bottom and bobs your uncle.
Thanks for that I can now enter the bonus locations as 'My Places' on the TomTom Rider :)

Is there a way to combine them all together to make a POI file?

Firstpeke

I believe you could create a .csv file in Excel, then load it as a POI file, but I have never tried that.... Google is your friend....

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Did Lock Drunkie with Colin yesterday. They have put new gravel down for about half of the route. It was nearly as bad as the year JY re-gravelled his back yard.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I've now made my start with a 400 mile sortie around Kent, Sussex and Surrey for day one of my first ever IBA UK Tour/Rally. It didn’t go as smoothly as I’d like but hey ho happy days nonetheless.

On my first attempt to capture a bonus location, Thong (41), and I forget to include my rally flag, fortunately I realised my school boy error before heading off. At my second location Gravelly Bottom Road (55) the sign wasn’t as expected, two runs up and down the road and I failed to identify the correct sign, so I took a photo of the sign that was there. After returning home a check on Google Maps revealed the sign had been replaced.

Disaster struck on the A259 heading towards Rye. I was startled by what sounded like a short burst of rapid gun fire which turned out to be a puncture to the rear tyre. The sound I heard was whatever object that had pierced the tyre had also gouged an 80x10mm slit in the rear hugger! Puncture repaired and a progressive ride got me to the ‘daylight only’ Juggs Close (24) just in time. My last three locations were visited after sunset and included bagging the correct signs as depicted in the rally book for Cockmannings Road and Nork Rise.

Subject to Wully’s approval I managed nine locations.

BBT22 49 day 01.jpg

Good effort
Your not alone with errors I had to back up to North Wales because I forgot to include myself with the bike at one location