Brit Butt Tour 2022

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Shame about the hugger, but at least it looks repairable.
A pair of 15ml tubes of Araldite for £5.28 vs £150 for a replacement hugger, no contest. Hugger now repaired with Araldite and a couple of layers of fibreglass mat left over from a pannier repair, what doesn't show in the photo is the 4 or 5 cracks to the left of the gouge. It don't look too pretty just now, needs flatening and painting or an oddly placed vinyl sticker cover up or I might leave it as is to match the rest of the motorcycle's used & abused look.

Happy days we're ready to roll

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi To all
Below is the current standings for this years Brit Butt Tour.
If the score below dose not match your score email me [email protected], it is not the end of the world. I will check my records and let you know and correct it.

Well done to Colin Bates, for getting all 69 checkpoints. I think in the quickest time ever. Well done.
Bob Badger and Gordon Sears are doing well with only 7 left to get. Final Paul Ten Brocke who came over and visited 53 checkpoints in a week.

Screenshot 2022-04-10 171856.jpg

Giggleswick School was my downfall. But its not far from London.
Ha I struggled at Giggleswick.
I went in February, and was my first ever 'selfie', I must have spent 30 mins trying to get the phone( on a selfie stick), get my number in the shot, and my ugly mug in the shot, then fiddle with the remote to take the shot.........
I nearly threw the whole lot over the wall.
Regards Bob

Out for three morethought I'd get to furthest out the way.

It looks like the sign has been moved a few feet along the road and the speed limit is reduced on location 23

Bonus 12.jpeg

Bonus 12 Crapstone

Bonus 23.jpeg

Bonus 23 Hellstone

Bonus 45.jpeg

Bonus 45 The Mouse Hole

I made a start on Friday riding a 292 mile loop around the South East. Weather was dry and the heated jacket, gloves and grips have paid for themselves already.

Like that this years tour has some bonus locations in the South East. Last year I only managed 3 locations as I started so late.

Not to put a miserable slant on things but I buried my best mate on Thursday so disappearing on the bike on Friday was exactly what I needed. Stephen, my bestie, was only 43 and would have been well up for this tour. He loved to ride and enjoyed a good nob joke or rude place name. We had a long standing 'that's what she said' agreement :) I posted my day out on Facebook and it seems that given the interest/tribute I put out there by just doing 9 locations I may well be doing them all including Twatt. A 739 mile each way ride from ours.

I've lived in Kent for 15 years and didn't know about the Ham Sandwich sign and I've always wanted to check out St Margaret's Bay. Next time it won't be in icy conditions! Some of the lanes my Garmin 346 took me down we're very interesting. Farm tracks. Must study the route next time and not blindly trust it.

Titsey Place have good security and I was asked what I was doing within about 2 mins of stopping by a man with two big dogs. Said that I was lost and finding my bearings.

Safe riding everyone. Looking to do the North London and Norfolk group next.

View attachment 7790

View attachment 7792
I can’t find the shed! I’m new to this and while I understand the theory of the GPS co ordinates, the reality of getting them to match up is currently beyond me. Can I get a clue?

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
I open gpx files on my PC using ITNConverter free to download here, other planning software is available. I then use ITN to group bonus points and plan days out according to geographical location or add one or two bonus locations as a detour to a previously planned trip, saving the planned routes to my TomTom Rider as POI files which I can then call up and visit one by one without the risk of over shooting any locations. I think Garmin does it different to TomTom and differentiates between waymarkers and stops but I have no experience with Garmin or maybe I'm doing it wrong with TomTom but it works for me.

You can use Google maps to find the bonus locations on a map and look at them in street view. For example, type 'N51 09.090 E1 23.192' into the Google Maps search bar to see where it is on the map and drag the little man across to the red balloon to see '33- Just a Posh Shed' in Street View.

Thanks for the info I’ll try that site later. I thought I was In the right place, I had put the co ordinates in (or at least the degrees and minutes) all my catching up and remembering how to use co ordinates had led me to 4 digits in the seconds so I was a bit confused.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks for the info I’ll try that site later. I thought I was In the right place, I had put the co ordinates in (or at least the degrees and minutes) all my catching up and remembering how to use co ordinates had led me to 4 digits in the seconds so I was a bit confused.
The shed is down on the beach. The closest road is on the cliff. Sat nav will probably take you to the cliff. Try these coordinates and ride through the car park. N51 09.027 E1 23.090