Brit Butt Tour 2022

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
2,500 miles, 3 days at Egremont RUFC RTE, 3 days site seeing on Orkney (excellent campsite at Point of Ness next to the ferry terminal) and 5 days in the saddle. Getting onto Orkney via Pentland Ferry was next to useless, waited 8 hours to board then told there was no space! Took the Northlink Ferry from Scrabster to Stromness at £38.50 (concession) each way, a brown beer voucher more than Pentland but Northlink, I'm told, offer more comfort and good service for refreshment, seems to be the choice of the islanders too.

Happy days

Robert Higgs

Spent last week as a member of the visiting choir at Ripon Cathedral (it's OK, you're looking at the right forum, stay with me) and as the wife wasn't coming and there were a couple of free days it seemed like a good excuse to take the bike and grab a few northern locations so, the ride to Ripon for starters.

Attachments

Carl

IBA Member
Hi all

I've had a great year riding around the country picking up BBT22 locations.

Starting in January, I did a South East loop, a ride around East Anglia, a run up to the RBLR, home from the RBLR via Wales and the Cotswolds, a ride up to the Peak District and a ride down to Lands End last weekend. The BBT22 has seen me see more of the country in one year than ever. I've really enjoyed getting off the main roads and finding the countryside. I've even incorporated the 'four corners' when out and about!

I want to finish this tour so plan on picking up the remaining 14 locations in the spring if not before, but it will be after Sept 30th. The next nearest location is 51 Giggleswick (270 miles from Kent) and all remaining locations are north of that. Will spend 3 days picking them up and do Twat on the way. I said in my OP I was riding this year for my best mate who was well into his bikes and loved a silly place name. Steve would have been well into Sandy Balls:

34 Sandy Balls.jpeg

I went to 55 locations with 53 counting. I forgot to put my face in the pic for Fingeringhoe and Three Cocks. Doh! Here is a link to my pics if anyone is interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x1qh_nD8uzyBzPOpqEkvHhj7OaN2tRDh/view?usp=sharing

The Mousehole was so close to Lands End I had to get a BBT22 pic:

LandsEnd.jpeg

My favourite location, picked up on the way back from the RBLR. A 2000 mile weekend!

46 Minge Lane.jpeg

Safe riding!

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done. End date is 31st October so still time to pick up your last few.

1663403013829.png

Last edited:

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Well done Carl. I'm on the home stretch too having visited 53 locations, I've got 16 locations in the South East and South Wales left, hoping to knock some out before the end of September.