Brit Butt Tour 2022

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Just a reminder the Tour finishes on the 31st October.

Below is the current standings, that I've received. Please get your pictures sent in to me urgently don't sit on them. I to have to work and have family to deal with, so please get them pictures in.

Screenshot 2022-10-02 150410.jpg

If the figures don't match your records, please email me

[email protected]

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Following on from JY's RTE a weekend sortie overnighting in North Wales and I bagged 5 more, plus correcting my schoolboy error made on the way to the Iron Ore Rally RTE when I omitted to include a selfie with the mo'cycle. The £7.50 eBay selfie stick that doubles as a tripod is proving to have been a good buy.

BBt22 49 day 14.jpg

Gotta catch em all now, three weeks to bag the remaining 10!

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Rain or shine gotta catch 'em all. Thursday 7am - 7pm and it only rained for half of that. Lost an hour or more due to reduced visibility, the M25 crawling, no surprises there but 25 miles of filtering, and three or was it four road closures and diversions...
BBT22 49 day 15.jpg
Friday 8 am - 7 pm and it rained all day. More lost time to proper rain and visibility down to 20 yards at times, two road closers and diversions and bumper to bumper traffic on the M5, what is with the step like gutter between lanes 2 and 3? Scary at times.

BBT22 49 day 16.jpg

Job done, weighed in, just waiting for the nod from Wully and I'm in the 69 club!

Robert Higgs

Well done, mate! Did my ride earlier on in the week and copped most of what nature could chuck at me with flooded roads and high winds (including some warm sunshine, to be fair). Had a much better time with motorways and traffic, though - an enjoyable couple of days’ biking.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day in the office ;)

In summary I spent 16 very enjoyable days spread out over 4 months between July and October, covering 5,000 miles with only 600 motorway miles. In all that I only had 2 days of rain which happened to be The English Riveria and South Wales. Nights out were a mix of camping, airbnb and Travelodge. The motorcycle performed well averaging 54 mpg, suffering one puncture and a flat battery but nothing that I wasn't able to sort roadside in less than hour and be on my way.

Happy days

Last edited:

wully

Hi
Further to my email sent to all entrants of the BBT '22, it appears that my scores for you are correct.
I will be sending the scores to Phil.

Can I take this opportunity to thank all of you for your stories and kind words.
It's nice to meet you at RTE and rallies putting a persons personality to their emails and pictures is great.

Anyway I'll be posting the scores later today together with a breakdown of checkpoints visited, but I can confirm the lease visited checkpoint was no.1 Twat.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Thank you Wully. The least visited Twatt I found the most interesting and thank whoever had the idea of including it, a sucker bonus for the BB Rally but a highlight of my BB Tour. Once on Orkney I stayed there for three days taking in the history of the islands from the ancient stone circles to the WWII POW camps and sea defences.

Happy days

wully

Hi

The final scores, you've all plenty of time to submit your pictures and tell me if my score doesn't agree with yours.
Scoring is now closed.

The results are listed below.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 150134.jpg

Once again thanks.
The tour is great fun, but you only get out what you put in.

The Tour had 69 checkpoints, you visited a them a total of 1096 times, well done.

wully

Below is a simple graph showing the volume of visits to each checkpoint.
hope you find i interesting.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 170352.jpg

I do have some questions.
1. How did the Facebook group work.
2. Do you wish it to continue
3. Any improvements
4. What checkpoint left the biggest impression good or bad
5. Give an insight in how you plan you route, is it one checkpoint or several you visit
6. Why do you enter

Look forward to hearing from you.