Brit Butt Tour 2022

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Signed up and paid up. Who’s off up to TWATT ?
During the rally no twatts went all the way up to Twatt, even though I gave it 3000 points. But anyone who decided to go there could have got to the ferry Saturday afternoon after calling in to a few other bonus locations on the way there. But once over onto the island would have meant having to find somewhere to stay there overnight for their long rest bonus (with good points too). Then get the first ferry back to the mainland early on Sunday morning and would mean getting virtually straight back down south to the Rally HQ, and would have also lost some penalty points for arriving back late. Hence why nobody went there.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
During the rally no twatts went all the way up to Twatt, even though I gave it 3000 points. But anyone who decided to go there could have got to the ferry Saturday afternoon after calling in to a few other bonus locations on the way there. But once over onto the island would have meant having to find somewhere to stay there overnight for their long rest bonus (with good points too). Then get the first ferry back to the mainland early on Sunday morning and would mean getting virtually straight back down south to the Rally HQ, and would have also lost some penalty points for arriving back late. Hence why nobody went there.
The Northlink ferry docks in Scrabster at 0800. 9 hour run back to hotel. No probs with timings. Just the low points value for an extreme point. 15000 or 20000 points may have made it worthwhile.

Carl

IBA Member
I made a start on Friday riding a 292 mile loop around the South East. Weather was dry and the heated jacket, gloves and grips have paid for themselves already.

Like that this years tour has some bonus locations in the South East. Last year I only managed 3 locations as I started so late.

Not to put a miserable slant on things but I buried my best mate on Thursday so disappearing on the bike on Friday was exactly what I needed. Stephen, my bestie, was only 43 and would have been well up for this tour. He loved to ride and enjoyed a good nob joke or rude place name. We had a long standing 'that's what she said' agreement :) I posted my day out on Facebook and it seems that given the interest/tribute I put out there by just doing 9 locations I may well be doing them all including Twatt. A 739 mile each way ride from ours.

I've lived in Kent for 15 years and didn't know about the Ham Sandwich sign and I've always wanted to check out St Margaret's Bay. Next time it won't be in icy conditions! Some of the lanes my Garmin 346 took me down we're very interesting. Farm tracks. Must study the route next time and not blindly trust it.

Titsey Place have good security and I was asked what I was doing within about 2 mins of stopping by a man with two big dogs. Said that I was lost and finding my bearings.

Safe riding everyone. Looking to do the North London and Norfolk group next.

Collage_20220109_122303_edit_404100610563856-min.jpg

Screenshot_20220107_215425_com.calimoto.calimoto-min_edit_404565632561701.jpg

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
Sorry about your mate, Carl - know how you're feeling, as a really good friend and next door neighbour passed away on 30th November, aged 39. Looks like you had a great ride - hope it cleared your mind, even if just for a while.
Living in Kent, don't forget the Invictus Rally on the weekend of 4/5th June.

Carl

IBA Member
Thanks Owl and sorry to hear about your loss.

I'm booked on the Invicta Tour as I had a great time last year. Even if I finished last! Will be good to meet you all in person.

Carl

IBA Member
Went out today to pick up some locations. 401 mile round trip around the east. Cut the route short given the limited daylight.

The roads to Dicks Mount is a very interesting farm track. Headed from there to Ness Point as I've done the other ends, but this one is a bit shit. Bleak concrete jungle sandwiched between the sea and the Birdseye fish finger factory. Not like the run down the A99 into JOG

Favourite was Fingringhoe. Long Melford aka Cock and Bell Lane looks very nice and worthy of a return trip.

Collage_20220123_205227-min.jpg

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Can anybody make use of a Premier Inn booking?
Dumfries
Check in
From 3pm - Thu 31 Mar 2022
Check out
Before 12pm - Fri 1 Apr 2022 (1 night)