Brit Butt Tour 2023

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Bagged another six on Friday, the forecasted wetter never showed but it was more than cold enough for a woolly jumper. The mo'cycle was a reluctant participant, straight out of the stables after an unusual four week rest and it took twenty or more five second bursts of cranking to fire it up, on two cylinders at first, splutter, splutter, then three and then four and we were off. 06 6th day not PPH RTE.jpg

Hadn't been round The Magic Roundabout in Hemel Hempstead for years, not to be confused with the Childwall Five Ways Magic Roundabout in Liverpool where its rumoured that cannabis was openly grown in 1970's. Just for fun I did a full 360° clockwise lap followed up by a full 360° and then some anti-clockwise lap, I know too much time on my hands but it had to be done.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
If I was a gambling man I'd wager there was some improvise, adapt and overcome there. Where did the black and red flag go AWOL?

Exgreen064

You might find it if you visit D48 Advreck Castle.
I got distracted between taking the photo and getting back on the bike by being out in the cold and rain and drinking too much fluid. Old age and those conditions caused a requirement to reduce the amount of fluid in me by a substantial amount as soon as possible.

Another 5 from the west country and more to come tomorrow.
20230402_120543_061229.jpg 20230402_165917_061153.jpg 20230402_141130_061221.jpg 20230402_160747_061213.jpg 20230402_090931_072656.jpg
Edit. Just realised I've slipped up on number 10. Should have included the bike.
I don't suppose I'm going for a full set anyway but never the less, darn it.

Last edited:

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Edit. Just realised I've slipped up on number 10. Should have included the bike... darn it.
Yes, we've all been there and done that, the man who never made a mistake never made anything. I'm on the three card trick, having at one time or another forgot to include one or other of motorcycle, self or flag in the picture. I've also fell foul of taking the wrong photograph (similar but different sign on the other side of the road etc) 'it happens.

Robert Higgs

Took a few days ride around Wales, biblical rainfall getting there and back with a couple of nice days in the middle. And, yes, I know the bike is missing from the Shropshire Castle image - hey ho!
Stayed at the Elan Valley Hotel, great place with a lovely couple running it and very welcoming for motorcyclists - www.elanvalleyhotel.co.uk.

Attachments