Camping thoughts!

Dave Rose

Looking at the 2019 statistics it struck me that 19 camping is not many when you have 60 riders.
Suddently realised it should be 20 but I'd forgotten to mention I would be camping as a volunteer, marshall, counter inner etc......

Not sure if there is a form to fill in for volunteering but haven't seen one (I don't think) so could you please put me down for a free camping spot please.

Cheers
Dave (Rose)

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
There is a low-cost hotel nearby and most people looking at a17-hours ride want a good nights sleep and you can only get a good nights sleep when camping if you go to bed pissed.

As for a 'form', this is a hobby and paperwork is frowned upon, turn up and enjoy!

Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

Dave Rose

There is a low-cost hotel nearby and most people looking at a17-hours ride want a good nights sleep and you can only get a good nights sleep when camping if you go to bed pissed.
As for a 'form', this is a hobby and paperwork is frowned upon, turn up and enjoy!
Love, light, and kindness,
Dave
Thanks Dave, You probably mean the South Milford hotel. I stayed there when I did the 500 mile route in 2017 but, probably because of the excitement, I didn't get much more sleep than I did camping. In 2018 I camped and managed about 3.5 hours sleep before embarking on the 1000 mile ride. Partly the trains, partly the noise of all the scooter testing and engine replacing which I didn't mind, just wish I'd been able to help but a mechanic I am not!
I usually sleep quite well when camping, might need to try your method for Squires though
I asked about the camping because you need a wristband on your guy ropes to show you are authorised free camper, I'll ask when I get there.

Cheers
Dave
P.S. thought you might like the T Shirt :)

orestesdjc

Premier Member
I remember my first bbg, the Monte Carlo or bust run. Had a plan to sleep 6 hours but the noise of other bikes setting off interrupted a fitfull sleep so I gave up my original plan & went with the flow. If camping works for you go for it.

Dave Rose

I remember my first bbg, the Monte Carlo or bust run. Had a plan to sleep 6 hours but the noise of other bikes setting off interrupted a fitfull sleep so I gave up my original plan & went with the flow. If camping works for you go for it.
Yeah, thanks Dave (Another Dave, can't have too many :)
I hadn't camped since I left the scouts in 1965 and joined the RAF (camped during training but only the once!). Took it up again in 2015 when I was with the RBL Riders Branch and attending rallies, Belgium, etc. I love it.
See you there, I'm volunteering this year rather than riding.
Cheers

Dave Rose

You just want to sleep next to me again...don’t you Dave....

:eek:
Damn, you've given away my guilty secret!
I'll certainly look forward to meeting you again.

I've just come back from a Road Safety lecture with RoSPA, speaker is high up in many associations including government advisor on road safety systems.
Eye's opened on lots of aspects including smart motorways and the future of cameras, Shared Spaces etc. A very interesting evening.

I got my Advanced Rider (Silver award) with RoSPA in August with a view to doing Blood Biking but the processes and procedures are really complex, or appear to be. I'll do the training courses and see if it's just the way it's all written down.

See you in June, Inshallah.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Thanks Dave, You probably mean the South Milford hotel. I stayed there when I did the 500 mile route in 2017 but, probably because of the excitement, I didn't get much more sleep than I did camping. In 2018 I camped and managed about 3.5 hours sleep before embarking on the 1000 mile ride. Partly the trains, partly the noise of all the scooter testing and engine replacing which I didn't mind, just wish I'd been able to help but a mechanic I am not!
I usually sleep quite well when camping, might need to try your method for Squires though
I asked about the camping because you need a wristband on your guy ropes to show you are authorised free camper, I'll ask when I get there.

Cheers
Dave
P.S. thought you might like the T Shirt :)
I've got one of those too!