Can I?

Should be able to, finish the saddle sore at 1000 miles under 24 hrs and just keep going to make the bun burner 1500 in time. Log all your stops. I would think if you can get done you could get credit for both. If you do not get the bun burner at least you might come away with a saddle sore, but you have to make your mileage in time with proof.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes. The simple threshold for nested rides is: Did you by default have to do the lesser ride in order to do the greater ride? You can't nest a SS1K inside a BBG1500 because by default, you had to have completed 1000 miles in 24 hours in order to complete 1500 miles in 24 hours.

Conversely, with the SS1K and the BB1500 rides, you could ride less than 1000 miles in 24 hours while still completing the BB1500 in 36 hours, so if you documented the 1000 miles in 24 hours, then finished up the additional 500 miles within 36 hours of your original start, you are allowed to claim both certs.

Be aware though, for the purposes of the Mile Eater certs, nested rides are only one "ride". Usually the longer one counts toward your Mile Eater. Since both the SS1K and BB1500 are considered basic rides, not "gold" rides, it doesn't really matter which is used for the Mile Eater count.

I guess I didn’t explain. Last year I did a thousand in 17 hours . I never sent in my info. Still have it
2 weeks ago I did 1500 in 24 hours. Was trying to figure out best way to send it in

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Then the two rides were not during the same ride. You are describing different rides each time you post.

A Bun Burner 1500 is a 36 hour ride. That's what you referred to in your first post.

A Bun Burner Gold is a 1500 mile ride in 24 hours or less.

You did two rides on different dates, that's two separate rides, regardless of when you submit them. You can mail the two cert requests in at the same time, but you are not claiming two rides on one claim form, which is done when nesting two rides together, which were done during the same physical ride period.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If it was me, I'd send two separate folders, one for each ride. Just to keep it simple for the verification teams. There are several teams, so it's anyone's guess where each ride would end up, but the last thing you want is a pile of paperwork and receipts jumbled together for two rides. If you really need to save the postage, put each in a separate envelope, marked with the ride you are claiming, then put both envelopes in a larger envelope or USPS mailer and send that in. Separate checks for each ride, included in the appropriate envelope containing that ride's info.

If all this was using the electronic method, send two separate emails, one for each ride.

Kylearane

Premier Member
I guess I didn’t explain. Last year I did a thousand in 17 hours . I never sent in my info. Still have it
2 weeks ago I did 1500 in 24 hours. Was trying to figure out best way to send it in
There might be an issue submitting both of them at the same time if you're not an IBA member. From the Bun Burner Gold Ride Certification information page:

Before you can apply for one of these rides, you must have completed at least one of these rides:

--SaddleSore 1000
--SaddleSore 2000
--Bun Burner 1500 (1,500 miles in less than 36 hours)
--any rally recognized by the IBA in which your mileage can be accurately verified as complying with the requirements of one of the rides above

If these are your first rides to be submitted, you could submit the SS1000. Once your ride is certified you could submit the BBG. If you're already a member than it's not an issue.

Of course, as always, it's up to the staff and how they want to handle it. I'd check with Ira before moving forward.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It's not an issue. The suggestion is so riders have a clue what they are up against before doing a Gold level ride. The dates of his rides demonstrate he did the SS1K first.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
So long as the SS1000 paperwork is accepted and the ride verified.....

I'm conservative, but I have also submitted lots of rides. If I were in this situation with SS1000 completed, not submitted nor certified BUT with a BBG yet to be submitted I would:
- hold off on submitting the BBG
- submit the SS1000 by itself.
- Once the SS1000 is accepted (fingers crossed), celebrate then submit the BBG.

That accords with Kylearane's advice.

As Eric says above, there are multiple verification teams. If by chance the BBG envelope lands on a shorter "inbox" pile it may be processed first (before the SS1000) and appear to be outside the guidelines discussed above. It should be rejected for the same reasons.

It may all be sorted with a few back and forth emails between the various teams once the SS1000 appears and eventually result in a pair of well-earned certificates, but I really appreciate the work the verification teams put in and always endeavour to submit applications that sail through smoothly and don't add to the workload.

My advice to Ohiotrucker? Submit the SS1000. Get the cert. Submit the BBG. Get the cert.

In the meantime keep riding the wheels off the bike having a great time out there.