CCC Gold

Andy Andresen

Premier Member
Ira,

In 2007, I did the ‘100 CCC Insanity’. On the evening before starting, I had my witness form signed by an IBA member and then scooped sand and water in my vial from the Atlantic Ocean. Next morning, at 3 AM I fueled at a gas station on A1A and started the ride.

However, my certificate reflected Jacksonville and not Jacksonville Beach as a start and end point.

Question: Since the physical start location is listed in the rules as a “Coastal City” – Is it acceptable that the starting/ending fuel receipt is any location in that city? (I.e. western Jacksonville)

Likewise, as long as the address on the west coast receipt reflects San Diego CA, is that acceptable?

In 2017, I am attempting the 100K. I don’t mind the extra mileage but would like to avoid unnecessary city travel on both coasts.

Andy Andresen #19808

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Ira,

In 2007, I did the ‘100 CCC Insanity’. On the evening before starting, I had my witness form signed by an IBA member and then scooped sand and water in my vial from the Atlantic Ocean. Next morning, at 3 AM I fueled at a gas station on A1A and started the ride.

However, my certificate reflected Jacksonville and not Jacksonville Beach as a start and end point.

Question: Since the physical start location is listed in the rules as a “Coastal City” – Is it acceptable that the starting/ending fuel receipt is any location in that city? (I.e. western Jacksonville)

Likewise, as long as the address on the west coast receipt reflects San Diego CA, is that acceptable?

In 2017, I am attempting the 100K. I don’t mind the extra mileage but would like to avoid unnecessary city travel on both coasts.

Andy Andresen #19808
Although, as you know, the spirit of the ride dictates going to the water's edge, a receipt from anywhere in a coastal city is acceptable.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Andy Andresen

Premier Member
Although, as you know, the spirit of the ride dictates going to the water's edge, a receipt from anywhere in a coastal city is acceptable.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
THX Ira

Faster than a speeding bullet you are.
I will be touching the surf anyway - just found a friend who wants to do the ride, too.

When I 'splained it all he said he wants to fill a vial, too!

See you in JAX

Andy