Centenary of Armistice - 2018 Ride

TPEE

Ah just saw this and as a new member (awaiting for my SS1600 and BB2500 rides to be approved which I submitted last May), I would like to participate in this event.

Although a couple of days late, can OI order the patch still or is it to late?

Reagrds

Skidoo

Premier Member
Ah just saw this and as a new member (awaiting for my SS1600 and BB2500 rides to be approved which I submitted last May), I would like to participate in this event.

Although a couple of days late, can OI order the patch still or is it to late?

Reagrds
Hi TPEE we are applying to have extras printed/sewn if it's not too late with the manufacturer :)

kwaka

Premier Member
Liz and I are still planning on doing this.
Put us down for two patches if not too late.

Further, to clarify. Ride must be completed between 09:00am and 10:00am local time on the 11th November 2018
Assume that is the local time of the state one is riding in?

Skidoo

Premier Member
Liz and I are still planning on doing this.
Put us down for two patches if not too late.

Further, to clarify. Ride must be completed between 09:00am and 10:00am local time on the 11th November 2018
Assume that is the local time of the state one is riding in?
Done mate, not an issue we ordered a few extras for the later starters and still have a couple left.

Skidoo

Premier Member
+++++ IMPORTANT +++++

BOOK YOUR FREE TICKET NOW TO ATTEND THE ACTUAL CEREMONY

Click on the following url or copy it to your web browser: https://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/remembrance-day

Locate the following heading and follow the prompt.

Reserve your ticket
Free tickets for the Remembrance Day National Ceremony will be available to book online from 10:00am 17 September 2018 via the TryBooking event page.

Select: General admission section C: enter appropriate details and confirmation will be emailed immediately to you.

Some local knowledge on an easily accessible marshaling area allowing reasonable access to the war memorial would be appreciated from a 'local' :)

2018 Remembrance Day National Ceremony

Sunday 11 November 2018 marks the 100th anniversary of the Armistice which ended the First World War (1914–18). Each year on this day Australians observe one minute’s silence at 11am, in memory of those who died or suffered in all wars and armed conflicts. The Australian War Memorial will host the Remembrance Day National Ceremony, commencing at 10.30am. The Remembrance Day National Ceremony includes a formal wreathlaying and will be attended by many high-level dignitaries and diplomats. Australia’s Federation Guard and the Band of the Royal Military College, Duntroon, will be on parade.

On Sunday 11 November 2018 at 10:30am
Treloar Crescent
CAMPBELL, ACT 2612

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ticket booked Karl.
Now I intend on latching onto your tail at some place close to Canberra .

Ive done the simple option with a route and got my head around this starting 24 hours at mid-morning which is just so yuck for me.
So mate we will find ourselves crossing pathways around that Orange, Peak Hill, Parkes, Yass area no doubt.
Now I've got to go recharge some battery's for my camera, get familiar with Canberra entry points and restock my chocolate bars as those got eaten out over last weekend. Hells bells I might need a new tyre by then too.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Ticket booked Karl.
Now I intend on latching onto your tail at some place close to Canberra .

Ive done the simple option with a route and got my head around this starting 24 hours at mid-morning which is just so yuck for me.
So mate we will find ourselves crossing pathways around that Orange, Peak Hill, Parkes, Yass area no doubt.
Now I've got to go recharge some battery's for my camera, get familiar with Canberra entry points and restock my chocolate bars as those got eaten out over last weekend. Hells bells I might need a new tyre by then too.
Don't let the beams cross lol

I have a rough plan in my head but nothing solid. Been thinking of doing an unorthodox 1600 for me, maybe a six hour sleep right in the middle of the ride. I'm getting a bit old for this stuff ;)

Maybe we could catch up in the outer suburbs or for brekkie? When all else fails, chocolate will fix it :)

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
OK we need to get our plan worked out.
The follow up email I got today is saying to be seated by 10:15.
So there is a need to be off the bike at at a free bus leave point in time to get in your seat point by 10:15.
I guess the first thing we should do as this small group is post up our individual gate entry numbers found on the bottom of the ticket.

Copy and past might be handy.
My gate entry is Gate 5

Its my thinking that should circumstances begin to add up that some flexability with ride end times be considered. Premier end witness format will be a bonus too.

Attachments

Skidoo

Premier Member
OK we need to get our plan worked out.
The follow up email I got today is saying to be seated by 10:15.
My gate entry is Gate 5

Its my thinking that should circumstances begin to add up that some flexability with ride end times be considered. Premier end witness format will be a bonus too.
Since posting the link I feel we will be all entering via gate 5 until all tickets are issued and I wouldn't think that will not be far away if not already exhausted.

We are looking at strategies on getting to the site comfortably within the specified timeframe. Don't sweat it, a lot of work has gone into the planning :)

Not long to go :)

Edit: Your right Gatey, we may have to look at the times to ensure everyone has enough time.

Last edited:

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Since posting the link I feel we will be all entering via gate 5 until all tickets are issued and I wouldn't think that will not be far away if not already exhausted.
We are looking at strategies on getting to the site comfortably within the specified timeframe. Don't sweat it, a lot of work has gone into the planning :)
Not long to go :)
Edit: Your right Gatey, we may have to look at the times to ensure everyone has enough time.
With receipt of the ticket and timing - we need to acknowledge the challenges with the timing...
Keep up the good work Karl! Modify if and as necessary and we will all stay tuned...

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Karl.
Majura is famialier to me as we used to shoot at the ranges heaps back in the day and I remember how easy it was to get to the War Memorial from Fairbairn Avenue and go for nice walk along ANZAC Parade late evenings.
You mentioned a stopover at Yass so A25 would bring you into A23 and some substantial areas maybe turned over to parking and transit bus service.
Bus stops near Canberra netball grounds and parking

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Leave booked, bike not washed tyres OK.
Oh and foghorn tested mate. A most spectacular reaction was achieved.