Certification for Indian rides

Hi,

Its been almost an year that i submitted the ride documents but as i was notified earlier that indian based rides can take one year or more and then i came to know that due to some disgraced people getting fake certificates, indian riders have lost credibility here. When i see "(Preliminary list - EXCEPT INDIA)" mentioned on the ridecerts page, i feel sad. We are from the land of mighty himalayan terrains , conditions not every rider sustain and we feel proud when we conquer those with our motorcycles..My request to IBA is that do not generalize all Indian riders in a negative way instead let's make the checks more stringent and faster.

The point that i wanted to call out is that the witnesses that i provided during the document submission, due to such long verification times, they may not even recall this when you may call them for verification and can screw up the verification call. effort wasted.

How do i know if my ride has been approved or rejected? Do you send notification only when its approved or also when its rejected?

Regarding timelines, "One year or more" is not a time. its very vague and unclear. Say it one year,2 years,3 years.. Why do you say 2-3 months for US rides and "One year or more" for non-US rides? I understand volume of emails could be the reason but this big difference in timelines looks quite unreasonable. Currently I am in a state of mind where i am waiting and i don't even know if the application is under process/approved/rejected.

I am sure IBA believes in promoting long distance riding not only in US but in the whole world. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Naufal Jamal

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Hi,

Its been almost an year that i submitted the ride documents but as i was notified earlier that indian based rides can take one year or more and then i came to know that due to some disgraced people getting fake certificates, indian riders have lost credibility here. When i see "(Preliminary list - EXCEPT INDIA)" mentioned on the ridecerts page, i feel sad. We are from the land of mighty himalayan terrains , conditions not every rider sustain and we feel proud when we conquer those with our motorcycles..My request to IBA is that do not generalize all Indian riders in a negative way instead let's make the checks more stringent and faster.

The point that i wanted to call out is that the witnesses that i provided during the document submission, due to such long verification times, they may not even recall this when you may call them for verification and can screw up the verification call. effort wasted.

How do i know if my ride has been approved or rejected? Do you send notification only when its approved or also when its rejected?

Regarding timelines, "One year or more" is not a time. its very vague and unclear. Say it one year,2 years,3 years.. Why do you say 2-3 months for US rides and "One year or more" for non-US rides? I understand volume of emails could be the reason but this big difference in timelines looks quite unreasonable. Currently I am in a state of mind where i am waiting and i don't even know if the application is under process/approved/rejected.

I am sure IBA believes in promoting long distance riding not only in US but in the whole world. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Naufal Jamal
We notify you whether the ride is approved or disapproved, and will contact if there are any questions regarding your documentation.

Normally, we contact your witnesses only if there is a question regarding your other documentation.

The value of an Iron Butt Association certificate lies in the fact that we do everything in our power to confirm you rode the ride you claim. Obviously, because we are a US-based organization, rides that take place in the US are significantly easier and faster to verify than non-US rides. We have mitigated this in some places (e.g., the UK, Germany, Sweden, Ireland) by establishing IBA organizations in those countries. We have not done so in India as yet.

Yes, we realize the turnaround time for Indian-based rides is very long. Part of it is because of the above, but to be totally frank, we have never seen anything close to the number of counterfeit IBA certificates anywhere else in the world that we see in India. We have no explanation for it, but that is the reality of the situation. And because such activity is a direct threat to the integrity of the IBA certificate program, we need to take extra care in verifying Indian-based rides.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

It has been almost one year and one month since I submitted the ride document, but I am not heard anything. I with Yamaha Majesty 250 and my friend, Mr. Ryutaro, with his T-Max, rode more than 1600 kilo meters starting Hachinohe city in Japan on September 3, 2015 ending Koga Service Area within 24 hours. When I see "Certified IBA Ride Finishers", 8 people already have certified in India on the same day even though except India. I guess "EXCEPT INDIA" is just mistake and "EXCEPT JAPAN" is correct. Anyway, I am still waiting.

ts1

Is it possible that another IBA organisation (e.g. UK) approves those rides?
Maybe the British know more about India than the US and can verify faster and still correct.
Best would be own organisations and load balancing! India and China are not the smallest states on earth.

H
We notify you whether the ride is approved or disapproved, and will contact if there are any questions regarding your documentation.

Normally, we contact your witnesses only if there is a question regarding your other documentation.

The value of an Iron Butt Association certificate lies in the fact that we do everything in our power to confirm you rode the ride you claim. Obviously, because we are a US-based organization, rides that take place in the US are significantly easier and faster to verify than non-US rides. We have mitigated this in some places (e.g., the UK, Germany, Sweden, Ireland) by establishing IBA organizations in those countries. We have not done so in India as yet.

Yes, we realize the turnaround time for Indian-based rides is very long. Part of it is because of the above, but to be totally frank, we have never seen anything close to the number of counterfeit IBA certificates anywhere else in the world that we see in India. We have no explanation for it, but that is the reality of the situation. And because such activity is a direct threat to the integrity of the IBA certificate program, we need to take extra care in verifying Indian-based rides.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Hello Ira,

This would be my last follow up on my ride. I saw the completed riders list and I see some riders in the list whose completion date is after i submitted the docs and they are from INDIA. E.g i did this on nov/14/2015 i.e 14 months. I see some indian names whose dates shows up after mine. Do you pick up rides sequentially as they are submitted or just randomly?

Naufal

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
H

Hello Ira,

This would be my last follow up on my ride. I saw the completed riders list and I see some riders in the list whose completion date is after i submitted the docs and they are from INDIA. E.g i did this on nov/14/2015 i.e 14 months. I see some indian names whose dates shows up after mine. Do you pick up rides sequentially as they are submitted or just randomly?

Naufal
We try to do them in the order submitted, but that doesn't mean the verification process is completed in the order submitted.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Hi Naufal,

We are in the same boat. Even I am waiting for my Bunburner certification since May-16. I have written 3 emails in the past 8 months and I have not received a single response from IBA apart from one standard acknowledgement which is auto triggered from their mail box mentioning the ride will be reviewed. In recent past, I had a brief chat with a female rider who recently got her Bunburner certificate and she mentioned that her BB certificate came one year after the ride was completed.

@Ira: I am an existing IBA member (55482) and I remember by Saddlesore certification process was handled brilliantly by IBA. Within couple of weeks after submission, I was contacted by Lena and everything was reviewed, verified and closed thereafter. In a month's time, I had my certification in my hands and rider names were updated in the IBA list of successful finishers sometime later.

I have submitted all my Bunburner ride details as per requirement to IBA team and I am hoping someone from IBA team review's the ride soon and shares a response.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Hello Ira,

So its been 3 years that i submitted my ride documentation. I hope its still in progress right?

Naufal