Certified Ride Finishers

I was just wondering how often the Certified Ride Finishers site is updated? A friend and I completed the BunBurner Gold (1500 miles in 24 hrs) on January 6th 2019. I am kinda wondering if we were the first of the year to complete the challenge.

Anthony Osborne

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I can answer one of your questions… You were probably not the first of the year. I do not know who was, but the 6th was probably not the first.
Congrats on your ride though ! Did you start your ride on the 5th? Did you complete it by 0050 on the 6th?
I am sure someone some where probably rode on the 1st… you know, these dog gone retired riders.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
The online ride finishers list is updated on a time-available basis. The list was last updated on February 6, 2019 for rides through October 30, 2018.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

I can answer one of your questions… You were probably not the first of the year. I do not know who was, but the 6th was probably not the first.
Congrats on your ride though ! Did you start your ride on the 5th? Did you complete it by 0050 on the 6th?
I am sure someone some where probably rode on the 1st… you know, these dog gone retired riders.
We started at 3:30PM on the 5th and finished at 2:30 PM on the 6th. I was just wondering if we may have been the first since in 2018 the first one was on the 5th and then did not see another for several days. I definitely do not need to be the first in to feel like we accomplished something huge.

Anthony Osborne

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I started a BBG on the 5th also (0419) and finished on the 6th (0050) I am sure that I was probably not the first either.
It still does not take anything away from our accomplishments. Congrats !
BTW Where did you ride yours? I rode Florida to MS and back, it was cold without electrics.

I started a BBG on the 5th also (0419) and finished on the 6th (0050) I am sure that I was probably not the first either.
It still does not take anything away from our accomplishments. Congrats !
BTW Where did you ride yours? I rode Florida to MS and back, it was cold without electrics.
We rode from north of Atlanta Ga to the Flamingo Marina south of Homestead and back. Riding the Florida turnpike turned out to be a great idea. They have that road lit up the entire way. Once we hit the Everglades it got dark in a hurry. Luckily there were no gators in the road.
Gratz on making it safe and sound. It truely is a memorable experience.