Christmas 2020 RTE.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Christmas 2020 RTE
Bramber staying on Friday 4th Saturday 5th and going home on the 6th of December .
This is a social get together to end the year.
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FURTHER DETAILS. ☺

Unfortunately it has been very difficult to find a hotel in Brighton with secure parking at the right price.

Attendees
Niki & Steve (Mr & Mrs winglider) Friday & Saturday
Tom (Owl) Friday & Saturday
Graeme & Sally Friday & Saturday
Gregg Barlow (friend of Graeme & Sally) Friday & Saturday Sorry Cancelled due to Covid
Jon12a & Wife (IBA UK's new Shop Keeper) Friday & Saturday
Foster & Joy Friday & Saturday
Jean & Santa (Sean) Friday & Saturday
Ziggy Milemuncher Friday & Saturday
Lee & Jane (CVO Bagger) Friday & Saterday

So I have managed to set up a deal with a Hotel/restaurant www.oldtollgatehotel.com in a small village called Bramber. About 9 miles northwest of Brighton. N50° 52.964' W0° 18.856'
OK here's the deal :)
The Old Tollgate restaurant is very famous in this part of the world for its fantastic Carvery. I have been shown round the hotel part of the premises an the rooms are large and very comfortable as is the restaurant.
if we have a large enough group we will be given our own room for eating in.

This is a copy of the information I received from The Old Tollgate Restaurant and Hotel in an email sent to myself.

I can confirm we can offer your group £88.00 per room, per night for Bed & Breakfast, this is based on your group staying for two nights.
We require the following non-refundable deposit schedule:
10% at the time of booking
Further 40% due before 30th June 2020
Final balance due before 31st October 2020

If you would prefer to pay 100% non-refundable deposit at the time of booking, we can lower the rate to £82.00 per room, per night.

We will be able to place 15 rooms on hold for you until 3rd April 2020. After this date any remaining rooms will be released, but people are still able to book.

The overflow parking at the rear of the car park will be reserved for your group.

The manager has agreed that we can offer your party a discount on the restaurant for your dinner. The price is reduced to £22.00 per person for the 3-Course carvery meal.

We will also arrange for a barman to be on duty later in the evening to keep the bar open for you.

The rooms are only holding 15 rooms for us and are only being held for us for a short while, as they get very busy in December and get booked up early.
If you want to book on the above deal, mention that you are booking on the IBA deal. And you must book direct with the Hotel on 01903 879494
These prices are not available on web sites such as Booking.com, Hotel.com etc.
Although you can still book through these web sites but at their advertised prices.

In the village of Bramber there are 3 other Pubs within just under a mile and a mini pub crawl has already been suggested for Friday night.
There is a pub within 100 meters of the hotel that has a great restaurant, also a Chinese and an Indian restaurant.
As a very small village Bramber has a lot going for it including a castle just over the road that you can visit.
If there are people who want to visit the Brighton let me know and I can arrange a taxi for you.

The parking although it is not a secure car park, we have been offered a out of sight from the road parking area that with a bit of luck can be made secure by people who turn up in their cars and block the exit route from that area.
This hotel is in a very quite area and they stressed, that they have never in 40 years plus had any problems in the car park.

Please book early and let me know so I can put you on the list, If you are happy to share a room put that on the forum so others who may want to share can contact you.

Thanks Steve (winglider)

Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Is it still a best western hotel ? As may get a deal with been a point card holder ?
Yes a Best Western + but don't forget the deals on meals :D
Plus you can get a full English Breakfast as much as you can eat as its a buffet style.
There is a continental breakfast if you prefer and they are all included in the room price:D:D

Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
For those of you who wish to attend and take advantage of the offer from the hotel holding 15 rooms at a reduced rate.
The offer expires on the 3rd of April.
So don't miss out and book early ☺

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Hi Kim yes call them direct the phone number is 01903 879494. Make sure you mention its for the IBA booking deal
Let me know when you have booked and I will add you to the list.
Cheers Steve.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Only a week left on the offer price from The Toll gate restaurant. (See first post on this thread)
Book now for the Christmas RTE in Bramber, the offer from the hotel runs out on the 3rd April.
Cheers Steve :)

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
How do we get that rate of £164? As it's £170.40 on their online booking...do we have to call them direct?
Hi Kim did you book direct ? and get the special dicounted price, Don't miss out into what is shaping up to be a very enjoyable comfy week end with great friends.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Just remember this event is open to all motorcyclists, not just IBA Members,
A great weekend will be had by all, what ever you like to do. If the wives want to go on a bit of a history tour of nearby Brighton I can arrange something. Or a tour of the best shops to spend Hubbys money also a possibility, just let me know.

DazK

Hope none of the attendees have a problem, but I have booked for myself and my co-pilot to attend. Some of you have already experienced the non-stop chat that comes with her! Looking forward to seeing you there.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
What's with this non refundable deposit scheme 40% in June final payment in October??
If the predicted 2nd wave of CV 19 arrives and all hotels are closed what then?
I have never paid for a hotel room until i booked in on the day.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
My thoughts from the start. Not going this year. First miss in some years:(

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
What's with this non refundable deposit scheme 40% in June final payment in October??
If the predicted 2nd wave of CV 19 arrives and all hotels are closed what then?
I have never paid for a hotel room until i booked in on the day.
John I booked through booking.com with fully cancel-able option for very little more.
Just an option if you wanted.