Cockney speak.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
LOL

As a born and bred Cockney from Shalleditch in Acknee I'm disappointed at TfL closing our underground station in 2006

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Custom house on the isle of dogs for me, my dad worked on the Royals we moved over the other side of the river when i was ten he got a job on a Wharfe in Belvedere maybe he saw what was coming for the London docks.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Strictly speaking the Isle of Dogs has never been within the sound of Bow Bells (St Mary-le-Bow, Cheapside) It has been estimated that, prior to the noise of traffic, the sound of the Bow Bells reached about 6 miles to the east, 5 miles to the north, 4 miles to the west (just short of the isle of dogs), and 3 miles to the south

Last edited:

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Here's an idea...

Revd George Bush, Church Times says. He supports a suggestion for a downloadable MP3-recording of the bells, to ensure the widest possible reach of their peals.
"People would be able to play it at the moment of birth," he said. "It could be fitted at every possible maternity hospital in the vicinity.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Too many John's here. For me, having been born 1,600 yards NE of St Mary le Bow Church, I maintain my claim to be a born and bred Cockney.