Complaint about Certification time

paulcb

Premier Member
Yeah, with the current state of IBA ride certification, I don't even bother submitting them anymore. It's unfortunate that it's gone this way. :(

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It's unfortunate that the backlog of paper submissions isn't getting caught up more quickly. I'm guessing that the newer forms of submission are simply much easier to verify. Right now if you want a quick turn around, using the newest premier methods will make that possible.

We've seen the move to electronic submission progress quite a bit with the addition of a premier verification team and now the Premier Spotwalla submission method with embedded DBR pictures direct from the Spotwalla track.

Its a little sad for me to see this progression away from just a rider and a bike. Now the buy in to short verification times includes more. The IBA has grown from less than 10,000 members when I first started LD riding in 2005 to over 80,000 members now. Progress is not always a smooth process.

Baxter

I posted above about having sent my Lake Michigan 1000 in late July. I received it back in mid-November.

If management is interested in training additional people, I suspect that a good number of riders will volunteer to help.

RILUSI

@Eric V
Your advice was spot on.. It did take a while.
I submitted my certification via US mail on 10/20/21 and yesterday (4/6/22) received a congrats email with a IBA member number and a second email with a tracking number to track the certification package. Wow .. What a great feeling.

I too am leaving in June for a Trip from Michigan to and through Alaska on a KLR 650 .. planning on 12k including 1500 miles plus off road.

All waiting be patient and enjoy the ride,

@Eric V
I submitted my certification via US mail on 10/20/21 and yesterday (4/6/22) received a congrats email with a IBA member number and a second email with a tracking number to track the certification package. Wow .. What a great feeling.

I too am leaving in June for a Trip from Michigan to and through Alaska on a KLR 650 .. planning on 12k including 1500 miles plus off road.

Welcome and congratulation.

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Eric V

Congrats!!!!!!!!