Completed my ride (now to get it certified!)...

pdbuzz

Premier Member
I just completed my first 1,000 miles/24 hour ride on Sun. morning. I've got everything together and just need to scan it, compile it, and submit it for certification! I'm super pleased that I finally was able to get it done! I had attempted it 3 other times this year, but had to give up at various points due to weather/heat.

Here's my trek! Iron Butt ride Utah/Arizona.

Tep_52

Premier Member
Looks like I am in the same boat.I am going to try the electric format but kinda hesitant as it is my first attempt. Wish you luck with your submission

pdbuzz

Premier Member
Now that looks like a fun ride....
It actually was pretty great. I really enjoyed it UNTIL I hit the high desert of Southern Utah/Northern Arizona and the temps plummeted! ;) I had heated gear, but could still feel those high altitude cold spots as I went. One patch that I went through was actually in the high 20's. The cold snap that they predicted for Sunday morning came true, even in the south part of the state! I'm still riding the high from it (and catching up on the sleep!).

pdbuzz

Premier Member
Looks like I am in the same boat.I am going to try the electric format but kinda hesitant as it is my first attempt. Wish you luck with your submission
I just scanned my receipts and witness form, threw in the odometer/receipt pics, for good measure and emailed it in. I got a verification email and will just wait now! This works out better, because I can submit now and pay later! ;)

Scott Parish

Premier Member
Congratulations. I lived in Kanab for a number of years and know well what great riding there is through the area. While you are awaiting certification - be sure to write-up a ride report and post in appropriate section. Attaching a few pictures is a great way to share the experience with others. Sounds like you are hooked now. :)

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Congratulations on knocking the first one out. I remember what an achievement it was.
Be careful this long distance riding is addictive.
Hope to see a report of your first Saddle sore.