Condition of the Pacific Highway

Rusjel

Premier Member
After several years of shunning the horrible thing I may have need to traverse the Pacific Highway as the most efficient path back to Canberra next week.

What's it like these days? Are the undless stream of road works around Grafton sorted yet?

Thanks in advance

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Pillion Piglet and I took the Pacific Highway from Canberra to Dalby and it was no problem, (noting it was all done at night)

I would happily ride it again on my next foray north to QLD & beyond...

Rusjel

Premier Member
Well, for those interested, I left Montville at 0400 and 1600 found me a third of the way down the Putty Rd. Apart from taking a short cut about 20k before Grafton And the Wooten way I stuck with the script. So that's 1050k in 12 hours even with the road works including two lazy 25 mins stops for brekkie and coffee. As far as speed goes, the Children were thought of. They aren't getting my money that easy again!

Conclusion is even with the roadworks the route is viable as long as you aren't on a BBG mission.

However the grinding dullness of the road eventually got to me, so exited stage right to Singleton and the Putty Rd. Sooooo worth it.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well, for those interested, I left Montville at 0400 and 1600 found me a third of the way down the Putty Rd. Apart from taking a short cut about 20k before Grafton And the Wooten way I stuck with the script. So that's 1050k in 12 hours even with the road works including two lazy 25 mins stops for brekkie and coffee. As far as speed goes, the Children were thought of. They aren't getting my money that easy again!

Conclusion is even with the roadworks the route is viable as long as you aren't on a BBG mission.

However the grinding dullness of the road eventually got to me, so exited stage right to Singleton and the Putty Rd. Sooooo worth it.
Yes that’s what I found - it’s actually a good route for distance work and close to some awesome twisties