Corner Questions

I am planning a ride from Kansas City to Austin. My question has to do with corners and highway bypasses around cities. I want to make sure I get all the corner documentation I need, but don't want to stop more times than necessary. My planned start runs East for about sixteen miles on I-435 and they turns south on I-49. I won't have been on the bike for fifteen minutes. Do I need to plan a stop when I turn onto I-49?

1520440076948.png

The same types of issue come up further in the ride. Especially in some areas where I an on a couple of roads for less than five miles before I turn again. Map planned map is on Furkot if you would like to take a look and add any suggestions on proper corner stop locations.

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/h79gcn

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I didn't see anything that might make me toss in another stop in your route.

Take into consideration that the team that certifies rides is simply looking for any possibility of cheating by way of shortcuts on the mileage you claim. They'll take the shortest distance between any two points along your route.

The stop on US-290 outside of Hockley might be superfluous, especially since you do have a stop when you exit I-45.

Might be similar with your stop in Kilgore. If there's really only one direct route from Shreveport to Tyler, intermediate stops are up to you to be certain your route is sufficient.

Luck to ya!

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
You can also submit the link with your track (e.g. SPOT, Spotwalla...) not so much for verification, but a second source of data - with your receipts being the primary data source.