Corner Receipts when using a Spot ??

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Ira :

If a Premier member submits the paperwork for a certified ride by email and has a Spot track for the ride, and includes the link for the track, are corner receipts still required to prove the route ?? I understand a receipt is required at least every 300 miles.

John Z

Premier Member
Obviously I'm not Ira, but I'd guess that his advice will be something along the lines of.... it's up to the rider to prove that he or she rode the ride. If it were me, and getting a receipt is difficult, I'd make sure that you hit the "ok" button (or similar) so that it send a ping at the corner.

John Z

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Ira :

If a Premier member submits the paperwork for a certified ride by email and has a Spot track for the ride, and includes the link for the track, are corner receipts still required to prove the route ?? I understand a receipt is required at least every 300 miles.
A SPOT track is excellent additional documentation, but doesn't replace any required items. So you should collect sufficient receipts to demonstrate you rode the ride you claim, with the SPOT track as corroboration.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association