Dalby Qld Muster 2018

Skidoo

Premier Member
Look after yourself Ray, one step at a time towards recovery and don't push it. Really sorry to hear about your job as well mate. Your steed is always waiting patiently for you when your ready. As Rusjel noted, get better first and then work on the other challenges.

Lonerider

Premier Member
Look after yourself Ray, one step at a time towards recovery and don't push it. Really sorry to hear about your job as well mate. Your steed is always waiting patiently for you when your ready. As Rusjel noted, get better first and then work on the other challenges.
Thanks guys, I think even the bike is getting impatient. Every time I look out the kitchen window, the bike cover is moving quite a bit !!! :eek:

The recovery is going unbelievably well so far. I am only 15 days post op and already the home physio and my daily walks are where I was expected to be in about 4 - 5 weeks !! I guess this is an advantage of being really fit and healthy before the surgery.

Just as well I am seeing my Cardiologist on Tuesday! ( fingers crossed I'll get the OK for some very short rides )

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Usually it's 6 weeks before drive/ride.....I've been there. But it sounds like you're doing very well with your recovery. Keep up the good work, Ray, and look forward to seeing you at the Border Run perhaps.

Just registered also :).

As this is my first muster, could someone please clarify, that if I arrive on the Friday night the 6th (as I was hoping to do), that I still qualify for the muster patch etc? The preamble states that to qualify, the ride is to finish on the 7 April.

Thanks guys and see you in April.

Alf

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Good to see that you are able to attend this years muster.
Your ride must end on 7th. If you are doing a SS1600 start after 01:00 on Friday 6th and when you arrive on Friday night get settled in, have a drink and get an end docket shortly after midnight on the 7th. You will find a few of us will be doing the same thing.
Looking forward to catching up.

tj189

Premier Member
Just registered also :).

As this is my first muster, could someone please clarify, that if I arrive on the Friday night the 6th (as I was hoping to do), that I still qualify for the muster patch etc? The preamble states that to qualify, the ride is to finish on the 7 April.

Thanks guys and see you in April.

Alf
Alf,
Great to see you are coming along. :) Your end docket determines when you finish the ride therefore, you must have a docket with a time and date on the 7th of April 2018 and have completed the IBA ride that you said you would complete.

Good to see that you are able to attend this years muster.
Your ride must end on 7th. If you are doing a SS1600 start after 01:00 on Friday 6th and when you arrive on Friday night get settled in, have a drink and get an end docket shortly after midnight on the 7th. You will find a few of us will be doing the same thing.
Looking forward to catching up.
Thanks for your advice, I'll do just that.

I’m just kicking around ideas of a route. Coming from Darwin limits the possibilities as you end up kangaroo country in the dark at start or end of the route. I’ve hit two in two years without damage, I’m not keen or trying three for three. Mount Isa to Dalby the quickest way is 1617km. If I went the long way round and came from Canberra, can any one suggest a route?

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
I’m just kicking around ideas of a route. Coming from Darwin limits the possibilities as you end up kangaroo country in the dark at start or end of the route. I’ve hit two in two years without damage, I’m not keen or trying three for three. Mount Isa to Dalby the quickest way is 1617km. If I went the long way round and came from Canberra, can any one suggest a route?
Something like I'm doing. You can call in at Dalby and dump your luggage, then run down the motorways to the Gold Coast and back at night. Minimum 'roos. Leave Canberra about 6am, will see you finish just after midnight ie Saturday morning as required.
Go this way
Or you could start a bit closer, say Winton, and do the same at the end.

Rusjel

Premier Member
Depending how confident you are with the distance it would be a shame to leave from Canberra and miss some of the wonderfull riding roads on the way. My IPad won't let me load more that two way points, but my plan includes the Taralaga Oberon Road, Bylong Valley Way and the Oxley highway.

Depending how confident you are with the distance it would be a shame to leave from Canberra and miss some of the wonderfull riding roads on the way. My IPad won't let me load more that two way points, but my plan includes the Taralaga Oberon Road, Bylong Valley Way and the Oxley highway.
I’m a fan of the Bylong Valley way, and vowed to go and do the Oxley again, next time without a kidney stone, or the vomiting. It just seemed to take the edge off what was a very nice piece of road....

At this stage it’s just thinking aloud. The K16 will be due for its180k service, and I want to take it to Brisbane. I just need to either fit in a route, or just simply go to Brisbane. I guess it’ll depend on work in the end.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Marls is planning on attending, so we'll be bypassing those lovely roads. Maybe on the way home?

Although I'm hatching another plan for the way back.