Dalby Qld Muster 2018

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
What an amazing crew. What a special mob we are too.
Thanks to all the riders management and attendees for making this all work out.
A wonderfull outcome for ride plans and a very good outcome for those riders in the zone.
My own ride was difficult and the target not achieved but oh so much learned. Most of Friday I was in retreat mode with Dalby the main target at most. Much of that return to the south was not in my plan and had me wondering about my poor effort. At a few times I was not even going to attend the muster.
But am I so glad I did.
Good mates good sleep and good to be close to the rest of the family.
Craig mate I really do want to thank you for your presentation. What you had to share really has given me answers to my misadventures. Crap fuel was in the end the straw that broke a broken camel's back. The fuel cost me 5 or more hours in the night but the true failing was not being on my rest game weeks out. In deficit of sleep perhaps as far back as a month.

Bazz thank you for your MC presentation too.
LTP your a beautiful people/time manager and hearder of cats. Thank you.
TJ I now understand how you get it all done mate. Your IBAAustralia workforce and the guys at the US end are gold.
Thank you all and see you next Muster or sooner.

Now Im off for a sleep. Hagars in Coonabarabran by the looks. We had a great days riding the tar back roads.

Johng

Premier Member
I would like to add my thanks to what is obviously a great crew of people working behind the scenes, so the rest of us can just rock in and eat and drink and have a good time. To the whole team, you all do a great job and for that i would like to pass on my grateful thanks for a job well done.
It just keeps getting better. See you on the road at some time

Biggles

Premier Member
Got home at 12:30 this arvo after grabbing my 27th town sign for the OZSTOC spelling game. Have finished processing the photos I am sending TJ a CD with the 47 of them and JohnG with the presentation ones. Only one presentation one is way below standard- Henk was in such a rush to escape the lime-light he only appears in a blur. I hope I'm still that fast on my feet when I'm 80!
My thanks also to TJ and his faithful crew- it's great that there are so many willing to pull an event like this together. Fortunately enough of them still have relative youth on their side to ensure more Musters. I'm on a roll with three up.
It is interesting that Baz had fatigue on his mind when Wombattle had that as his subject, but they were complementary in their approach. Wom's science had a couple of new concepts I hadn't heard of. I was about to mention "Coffee Naps", as I'd heard of the trick before, and regularly use it of an afternoon, with my phone alarm set for 25 minutes.
Now to write a Ride Report... I have the pix. ;)

Would I be unwise to put money on Victoria for Muster #4? :cool:

Tele

Premier Member
I can only join with others in thanking all who made this weekend get together such a success. As we all know, the IBA ride caper is often a solitary affair, and the opportunity to come together with like minded friends and enjoy such a convivial atmosphere with friends is a "gold" level IBA experience. Thank you to TJ and the entire team for the effort in putting this one together. As John said, it is great for those of us who rock up and enjoy an experience which is the combined effort and energy of so many volunteer members. I hope I get the chance to repay this effort one day soon.

My ride buddies: Ox, Wombattle, Rob and Tiger Bill. Thank you for sharing the roads and the coffee (and the extra lights :D)

And Sir Biggles .... I would go so far as to put my money on the township of Mansfield for the 2019 Muster :eek::cool:

Cuddles

IBR Finisher
Thank you everyone for a great Muster. The atmosphere was great and the meeting was productive and inspiring. Thank you to our brave Master of Ceremonies who raised an important issue and brought it out into the open. Well done Bazz.
Wom your presentation alerted me to some good information and was well presented. Thanks Craig.
Cheers and beers,
Cuddles.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks to Everyone for an excellent event!

This was my first Muster having missed the first two and it was great to see the IBA flourishing! Well done to the Organisers and Volunteers who made it all possible.

We made it home to Canberra early evening Sunday after a leisurely 1,100km ride through QLD & Central NSW. Awesome stuff, I could have kept on going but the Pillion Piglet needed some time off the bike after an epic 2 & 1/2 days....plus work on Monday morning was calling.

Thanks again!

kwaka

Premier Member
Home safe and sound in the early hours of this morning and once again, managing to negotiate "kangaroo alley". Boy were the buggers thick!
A most excellent ride in for our 3rd muster, absolutely fantastic to see it so well supported and thank you to all involved. Just like our riding maxim, plan the ride, ride the plan, the same can be said of our musters. Top marks everyone.
I can safely say that the "theme" for this year as presented by all the orators gelled together extremely well culminating with Wom's presentation being the highlight. Ya would've thought we'd planned it that way ;)

Lots in the pipeline for development especially the rally format. I'd like to echo what Cuddles said about participants and that is, the need for more of them. If you have never tried or think its just nuts or too hard or I'll never be any good, or it's not for me or what-bloody-ever, think again. Remember, its not about winning or losing, its about being part of something bigger, something that is huge fun (yes, I've done a few both solo and as a 2up team), it is only as challenging as you make it, it is a test of character and resolve (but isn't any LD ride like that?) and rallying is something that the ensuing camaraderie creates, is life long. You'll laugh at other peoples mistakes, we'll laugh at yours and in the end we all have a great time filled with belly aches, fun times and the urge to do it all again. Go on, have a crack, you know you want to.

Again, thank you to all involved because without you, there'd be no IBA Australia. Hip, hip...

Wombattle

Yep, what a weekend for riding and meeting up with great people for stories, food and a few quiet ones. Well done and thanks to everyone involved in organising a great Muster in a great location. I couldn't believe my luck riding a whole 1600k run without being stopped by roadworks at all. Then I got to Dalby and 50 metres from the final fuel docket :). Looking forward to doing it all again next year (Mexico wasn't it?).

Skidoo

Premier Member
Yep, what a weekend for riding and meeting up with great people for stories, food and a few quiet ones. Well done and thanks to everyone involved in organising a great Muster in a great location. I couldn't believe my luck riding a whole 1600k run without being stopped by roadworks at all. Then I got to Dalby and 50 metres from the final fuel docket :). Looking forward to doing it all again next year (Mexico wasn't it?).
Now that's a good excuse to keep riding, I'm optimistic you will be stopped by roadworks somewhere :eek:

Nev..

Premier Member
I'll echo everyone else's sentiments. As per the first two musters, this years was again very well prepared. I think the format works well. Kudos to everyone who took part in the preparation and also the presentations. Craig's talk on fatigue, ride preparation, nutrition etc was very well put together and presented with enough detail to enlighten but not overwhelm the audience, and certainly gave everyone some ideas for future ride prep and further areas of research. I think one advantage that 20 years of rotating shift work gave me was the experience of adjusting my circadian rhythms and it's something that I have adapted quite well into long distance riding. Thanks again to everyone who attended for making it a great weekend. I've been planning to have a crack at an SS2000km for some time now and I was stoked to get the first one in the bag with over 3 hours to spare.

Last edited:

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I just got back late Tuesday night. In total 5,500 km for the time away with a SS3000 / Power to the People included in the ride home. Back to work today and the report will have to wait.

Thanks to TJ, Kirt and LTP for all the effort in organizing this years muster at another great venue.
As always Baz was the perfect MC for the evening and really enjoyed the Cruise control presentation and I can not say enough how much beneficial Craig's talk was.

The idea of the memorial out toward Wilcannia is a great idea and hope to be visiting it some time in the near future.

Already looking forward to next years meeting and contemplating which newbie I can persuade to join us.

Hop

Can I add my thanks and appreciation to those who put the Dalby mustered together. It is taking Robyn and I a while to get home. Dalby is my high school town and we are catching up with family and planning to take in some Commonwealth Games before making a dash back to work.
Not sure if this is the place to make suggestions and if the 2019 Muster is just like this year’s I would be more than happy.
Two wishes.
1. While in I work in education and get lots of quality breaks to feed my motorcycling addiction I don’t control when I can have them so can I put in a bid for next year Muster date to be 13 April weekend before Easter please.
2. As part of the event can we have some time with the bikes together too. I love to see what people have done with their bikes to prepare as Ironbutt steeds. I did not make Renmark but at Parkes the photo at the dish provided that opportunity. Just a thought.
Thanks again for a great weekend. I love catching up with all of you. Enjoyed the talks and have already retold parts of wombattles presentation a number of times. Hope to catch you again next year.
Hop

Roadbandit

Thanks to TJ, Karl and the rest of the crew for organising.
Its been a long time between drinks for me and was good to catch up with some familiar faces again.
Stopped in and saw TD and Col on the way home, met Smugly, had a great blat down the mt lindesay highway with Russ. Then a nice long ride home from Grafton. 3600km for the weekend and I'm out of practice. Seeyas on the road

Johng

Premier Member
Can I add my thanks and appreciation to those who put the Dalby mustered together. It is taking Robyn and I a while to get home. Dalby is my high school town and we are catching up with family and planning to take in some Commonwealth Games before making a dash back to work.
Not sure if this is the place to make suggestions and if the 2019 Muster is just like this year’s I would be more than happy.
Two wishes.
1. While in I work in education and get lots of quality breaks to feed my motorcycling addiction I don’t control when I can have them so can I put in a bid for next year Muster date to be 13 April weekend before Easter please.
2. As part of the event can we have some time with the bikes together too. I love to see what people have done with their bikes to prepare as Ironbutt steeds. I did not make Renmark but at Parkes the photo at the dish provided that opportunity. Just a thought.
Thanks again for a great weekend. I love catching up with all of you. Enjoyed the talks and have already retold parts of wombattles presentation a number of times. Hope to catch you again next year.
Hop
Hop you might like to check out the photo thread thread in General of the Muster i got some of the bikes in there
John

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
What a great adventure and another great Muster!
Great catching up with so many of the crew again.
A huge thank you to TJ, Karl and the team for another fantastic event.
As we saw, you handled the challenges well, and gathered more momentum to move towards getting all the processes "in house".

To the presenters - Brian on MC Cruise - thank you for a great insight into the product.
(MC Cruise was the first thing I fitted to my new bike when I got it 5 years ago - couldn't be without it - still going faultlessly!)
And Craig - I along with everyone in the room was thoroughly enthralled with the wealth of information in yours.
With a balance of science and personal experience - great value and lots of food for thought mate!

I got in yesterday after an extended ride home to fill in some missing bits from my map, out through Charleville, Cunnamulla, Bourke. Cobar etc.
Unseasonally warm with temps in the high 30's, which made stopping at some of the roadworks fun - not!
And I've never seen so much road kill as there was on the Mitchell Highway, and the live ones, including the crazy emus, were abundant through the mornings too. Let's see - cattle, sheep, goats, feral cats, hawks and wedgies, roos, emus - all we needed was camels and pigs to complete the set.

Thanks again everyone.