Dalton Highway and type of equipment

looking for the rules to the Ultimate Coast to Coast Insanity ride. I saw a Youtube video where a couple of guys stated they needed a signature of a police officer in key west to verify they were there? just wanting to cross the t's and dot the i's. thanks

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Forget the Youtube video, that's dated info from when paper odo verification forms were used. You can still use that method, but there are easier ways that don't require witnesses.

The rules for the UCC are HERE

The info on electronic submission is HERE (this is not the current, or most desirable method.)

The current electronic method of submission using photos of your odo with DBRs in the same picture are HERE Please take special attention to STEP TWO as this is how you're going to submit your odo pictures and Dated Business Receipts. Remember, DBRs do not have to be for gas, but you do need one every 350 miles at minimum.

How to get more than 10 locations in Google Maps route HERE

Sportsterpaul

Uh, Fran, what’s this “cleaning your bike” reference. I may have missed it?
Note the knobbys on that cruiser. It is not exactly a race and taking time for a tire change seems to be a pretty good idea.

And then there is that famous school of thought who's primary directive is, "A clean bike is the sign of a rider doing it wrong."

Variations on theme:
If you have time to clean your bike, you are doing it wrong.
If you don't have to clean the part of your bike to work on that part, you are doing it wrong.
If other riders do not tease you for having a dirty bike, you are doing it wrong.
If you park in a lot and other bikes will park near your filthy bike, your bike is not nearly filthy enough.
If you have to take your bike to a shop for service and they don't tell you that they won't touch it until they or somebody cleans it, you are doing it wrong.
If you invite a hot babe or other SO to sit on your bike for selfies and the filth does not make them decline, your are doing it wrong.
If you invite little kids to sit on your bike so that parents can take pics and the parents do not scream at the kids "don't touch that filthy thing". you are doing wrong.

A lot of the above transfers to riding gear:
If your riding budds ask if you washed your riding gear and your answer is not, "No, I got caught in a 4hr frog-strangler", you are doing it wrong.
If you get caught in a frog-strangler and you do not whip out your Dawn Dish Spray and take advantage of the moment to spritz your gear and your bike midst transit, you are doing it wrong.

and so forth,
fran
Uh, Fran, what’s this “cleaning your bike “ reference, I think I’ve been missing out on it.

ibafran

Uh, Fran, what’s this “cleaning your bike” reference. I may have missed it?

Uh, Fran, what’s this “cleaning your bike “ reference, I think I’ve been missing out on it.
It was an attempt at humor. Might even been a vain attempt at humor? But it is hard to determine. I don't check in at this forum often.
fran

I just returned from Prudhoe bay a few days ago, the trip north was sunny dry, a piece of cake,when I arrived the rain started the Dalton is a completely different road when wet. The photo's depict it perfectly MUD, the worst part for me heading south was in-between the mountains and where the pavement starts north of Coldfoot. The weather forecasting in that area is sketchy, forecast said clear when I left Coldfoot, 4 hours later continuous rain. I was on a R1250 GSA with Motoz tractionator gps tires. Still cleaning