Detour on SS1000

Lanval

IBA Member
This coming Sunday the weather in Middle TN will be a low of 50º and a high of 57º, great riding weather, and my attempt at a SS1000. My plan is to run down I65 south to Mobile AL, onto I10 out towards New Orleans, before turning around and heading back the way I came.

I was going to detour slightly on my way back and drop into FL to add to my states visited list. I was going to drop down from I65 to Atmore AL along John Springs Rd, and then return to I65 via same road.

For those with a better understanding of the rules, along with experience, do you foresee any problems, or have suggestions on what I should consider doing to make sure I do not mess up my SS1000.

Thanks for any help.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Yup - what Amnon said.

Atmore is AL, not FL. There is a Marathon gas station a mile or so south of the AL/FL border (McDavid, FL) according to Google.

I was southbound on my 48/10, but took 113 from I-65 to Century, FL - south of Flomaton, AL. From there, west on US-31, until I found Perdido. County Road 47 will take you to I-65. Now, mine was in the dead of night; next to no traffic. I'd suspect you may have a bit more of a time drain if done during daylight hours. Quite an industrial area, it seemed to me. I couldn't see anything, but could definitely smell stuff as I rolled thru that area.

As long as you have tracking, your route deviation will be just additional mileage added to your SS1000.