Documenting a 100K ride

Andy Andresen

Premier Member
John

I just finished 100K for 2017.

You can find the rules on the IronButt.com pages under Certifications then click on the BIG LIST at the bottom then scroll down to the end of the Saddle Sore section.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
No, I didn't put a fudge-factor in these calculations...

100,000 / 365 ~ 274 miles/day - if you rode every day of the year.

-or-

100,000 / 750 ~ 133.34 days riding 750 miles/day.

C'mon, John - you can do it! :D

I have been down under only twice (damn it is a long flight) but had only the best of times. Spending six-months there riding a moto would be a dream. I have friends in Perth and Melbourne. I love learning geography on two wheels.

Tele

Premier Member
I live in Newcastle (New South Wales), which is on the east coast about 100 miles north of Sydney. Always a bed here if ever you track through.
I know what you mean about flights .... in 2016 when we flew back from the States we stayed a few nights in Hawaii en route from Phoenix to Sydney. Breaks the trip into a 10hr plus 6hr haul which was much more pleasant ;) We are heading with friends to Germany in May 2018 and have some nights booked in Dubai on the way over .... the 24hr haul into Europe has lost it's excitement given that I cannot justify first-class airfares :eek:

Hey John, your "North America Ride" sounds exciting. I sure hope you either write a book about it or at least post a short version. Are you going to make the Defective Gene Pool in Allen, Texas, or Moonshine Lunch Run this year? My daughter and I missed you last year. BTW, congratulations on the Diamond.