Dusty Butt 1000 Route Validation

Ron

I'm slowly starting to develop a dusty butt 1000 route, but came across the following question...If I were to use highway ditches as part of my route, is there any decent way to validate that? I was thinking a timelapse footage of the entire ride (timelapse shot @ 5 sec intervals) would be the best way to validate ditch riding. Would this work as part of route validation?

Scott Parish

Premier Member
I can certainly appreciate the challenge of putting together an off road route of a thousand miles which also has access to fuel and dated business receipts as I'm planning as well; but I think it might be asking a lot of a volunteer to watch a time lapse video which as far as I know is not an approved verification method - but might make a great you tube video. :)

Ron

I can certainly appreciate the challenge of putting together an off road route of a thousand miles which also has access to fuel and dated business receipts as I'm planning as well; but I think it might be asking a lot of a volunteer to watch a time lapse video which as far as I know is not an approved verification method - but might make a great you tube video. :)
The time lapse length is ~10-15 minutes depending on the settings used. Here is an example (and a shameless plug) of a previous SS1000 I did with a time lapse with roughly the same settings