Dusty Butt SS2000K Gold

Reader57

You may have to wait for a while! I think he has continued on with the original plan despite anything. Determined or just crazy?? I depends on your viewpoint.

Skidoo

Premier Member
I apologise for my tardiness in posting, just got back to work, had some medical appointments bla bla bla.

When I left Hawker hospital my body tried to turn left to go home but my brain said, 'you got to be joking' so I turned right. Medicated and strapped up I thought I still had a coupe of days off so I may as well use them.

I'm still writing the report but thought I should just post a few pics to get the appetite going.

I can say it was a hard ride and I can't use my right leg much! Promise to post the full report as soon as I get a chance.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Nice to be in touch mate. And I kept the secret too.
You really do need to go do the IBR mate...I think you could probably win the thing. I'll chip in when the time comes.
Mental? well yes. Tough? Hell yes.

Congratulations Karl and it was so fine to chat mate.

thommo

Premier Member
IBA Member
Congrats Karl!
I was wondering who was going to do it. Year of the dustybutt for oz.

So, dusty BBG next? You? Wombattle? Top dog Ox? Or someone from left field?

I'm all excited!

HACKLE

I was concerned about your "huge" weight loss when I saw you at Lightning Ridge. Your explanation was, "just getting ride fit". Well ride fit didn't include hamy problems. I can understand the pain, I also suffered hamy problems on Ethan's Heart Ride. Not pleasant, you just tuff it out. Not fun in the mud when so much relies on lower leg pressure when standing. Your one tough cookie. Very hearty congratulations on this rare achievement.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Congrats Karl!
I was wondering who was going to do it. Year of the dustybutt for oz.

So, dusty BBG next? You? Wombattle? Top dog Ox? Or someone from left field?

I'm all excited!
To be honest, I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for these 'longer rides'. It has been an exiting year with the newer rides appearing. Maybe it's time to sit back and relax ....nah.

Skidoo

Premier Member
I was concerned about your "huge" weight loss when I saw you at Lightning Ridge. Your explanation was, "just getting ride fit". Well ride fit didn't include hamy problems. I can understand the pain, I also suffered hamy problems on Ethan's Heart Ride. Not pleasant, you just tuff it out. Not fun in the mud when so much relies on lower leg pressure when standing. Your one tough cookie. Very hearty congratulations on this rare achievement.
To be honest I wasn't able to stand more than a handful of times during the whole ride due to the discomfort Hackle. My leg just couldn't do it. The whole ride was basically done sitting including the water crossings and on one occasion my arse was in the water! I ran into a mate of Wombattle's who will attest to how long it took me to mount and dismount from my steed. I will have the rest of the report done hopefully tomorrow and I'm still not 100% and just got back from Orange and have been time poor. I can tell you it's less painful riding than driving!