Dusty Butt SS2000K Gold

Reader57

Karl, you told me you were going to do this and I knew from your voice that it was just time. That diet of Geelong Cement's finest has made you the rider you are.
Tough you are even back at that Bathurst FarRide where you didn't want to quit. A great effort!

Tele

Premier Member
I'm speechless (for those that know me that's a rarity :rolleyes:). Your photos summarise my worst riding nightmares. I'm a whimp when it comes to corrugated roads let alone that muddy water-logged crap. exceptional ride under ridiculous circumstances with courage and tenacity to spare. Legendary work Karl

HACKLE

Skidoo. Me lids dipped. It may never return to me noggin. The determination, willpower, pain exclusion, not to mention your riding skills to overcome adversity will be the basis for all other long distance riders. Congratulations seems inadequate. But congratulations it is.

tj189

Premier Member
Thanks for the second part Karl the ride still doesn't look like a dusty one, maybe we should change your nickname to submariner :D

Rusjel

Premier Member
Great report Karl! Your run highlights what I've come to know about that country. It looks innocuous but can turn very quickly. May your retiring S10 enjoy its life with Gatey.

What is it with you? You have swapped roo strikes for hospital visits,or is that my selective memory showing its true side. I take my hat off for you and all those riders who have tackled the dirt and won. I tried a dirt bike when I was 8 years old and didn't like it then and still don't like it, even now. But for those who dream, and then succeed, you are held in the highest regard. You are true examples of the strength that can lie within all of us.

John negus

Well all I can say is f#$@k me skidoo. .you are certainly up there with the BIG dogs that's for sure..if not currently the biggest..congratulations etc are a waste of time for this effort..all the best with your recovery..Cheers and yippee..Jn

Marls

love the pic's, hope your recovery is happening. They've all said it, but I'll say it again, Crazy effort. Cheers and congratulations, one I won't do.

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Mate! That's a special kind of .... ummm... special!
Congratulations Karl on that massive achievement.
You have a way of slowly revealing what you are doing/have done. Even in conversation.
Thanks for the call at the end - it really took a while to sink into my head what you had actually done and under the circumstances you did it!

Now, those photos. Photos while water crossing? Really?!
And I know that the S10's digital speedo is somewhat innacurate. But not THAT MUCH!!
Although you did say you were within the speed limit (at least for the photo...)

Well done mate. Heal quickly and heal well.

tj189

Premier Member
great final report Karl, with a fantastic and well earned certificate to boot :) Watching your rides is like watching a movie series....get to the end and you know there is going to be a sequel :cool:

Last edited:

Biggles

Premier Member
I'm late getting to this, having been away, and Photobucket has stolen all your pix which I imagine are fantastic!
Are you able to host them somewhere else and replace the URLs in your report?
Most of us couldn't do that ride while fit, let alone badly injured.
Amazing effort!

Skidoo

Premier Member
I'm late getting to this, having been away, and Photobucket has stolen all your pix which I imagine are fantastic!
Are you able to host them somewhere else and replace the URLs in your report?
Most of us couldn't do that ride while fit, let alone badly injured.
Amazing effort!
Just re-established image links, hope it adds an additional dimension to the ride :eek: