Earth to Moon

Looking to do the Earth to Moon ride in the near future. My question is that in Moon Township most receipts will say "Coraopolis", as that is the name of the actual town. Is that acceptable, or do we need a receipt that specifically says "Moon Twp"? If the more specific receipt is required, does anybody know of locations that are confirmed as "Moon Twp"?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sorry to not offer personal experience, but it appears that the area on University Blvd. has several businesses with Moon Twp. addresses. I would call Clearview Federal Credit Union and ask if that is on their ATM receipts. They have a walk up ATM that should be accessible 24 Hrs, but I would also verify that. There are also some restaurants, Egg N'at, Bob Evans, Wendy's that are not 24Hr and several hotels that likely have ATMs, potentially available any time of the day or night with Moon Twp. addresses.

Std practice is if someone got the correct receipt, the burden is on everyone else to do so. @Ira would have to confirm if Coraopolis was acceptable, but I'd go for Moon Twp. regardless.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
The background section of the ride's rules page states, in part, "The Earth to Moon Adventure is a series of long distance motorcycle rides to pay tribute to the Apollo astronauts, by starting in Earth, TX, riding to and finishing in Moon Township, PA, . . ." So any receipt that is from Moon Township, PA is acceptable.

As an aside, a quick look at Google Maps seems to show that Coraopolis is not within Moon Township.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The receipt has to be from Moon Twp not necessarily say Moon Twp, there are times when a receipt just has a store # on it with no actual address the you can however usually just Google the Store Name and Number to get the physical location for example Google "cumberland farms 5403" and it'll shows you where it is.

Probably not preferable but tracible to the correct location. I've never had to do it for a start or end receipt but have done it when creation my route map.