Eggsanity & Nesting Question.

We are doing a SS2000 this week. We are nesting in a 1500BBG and an Eggsanity Gold on day 1 (this plan for all 3 rides was sent to and approved by Mike Kneebone). I have 2 questions. First question about nesting. Although I already sent this to Mike Kneebone, Barb Smith brought up the question about nesting the Eggsanity and 1500BBG on the same day with the point that you have to ride 1000 miles in order to ride 1500 miles in 24 hours. Any issues with nesting the themed ride with the BBG? The rides would look like this-

Day 1- Eggsanity Gold (eat at the 4 breakfast chains, ride 1000 miles, all in 24 hours)
Day 1- BBG1500 (ride 1500 miles in 24 hours)
Day 1 & 2- SS2000 (ride 2000 miles in 48 hours)

Second question- if we are doing 1500 miles on day 1 with 4 breakfast stops, time will be of the essence. Is there any issues with ordering the food ahead of time? We will be using Spotwalla and will add photos of each stop on the Spotwalla Trip. My concern is that the time stamp on the receipts may be different than the actual time we are sitting down to eat. Thanks in advance.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well, you don't have to eat at four eggsanity locations to ride a BBG, so you're probably golden there. A regular SS1K could not be nested, which you pointed out.

Your receipts are your documentation of the eggsanity stops. As long as the receipts are all within the time frame of the Eggsanity ride, I don't see an issue. You will be documenting that ride route and distance with other receipts.

CB650F

Premier Member
I'm tempted to say you can't nest an Eggsanity in a BBG because the Eggsanity is just an SS1K, plus a few pictures/meals. A special flavor of SS1K so to speak. You have, by default, done an SS1K while doing a BBG. I know that you definitely can nest a BBG in an SS2K. I have the certs to prove that, and I'm sure many others do as well. I also know you can't nest an SS1K in an SS2K because you've necessarily done 1,000 in one of the two days if you've done 2,000 in two days.

I don't think you can nest the Eggsanity in either of those other two rides, but the IBA has proven to be more lenient than me in such matters before. Maybe the inclusion of egg meals is a big enough difference to make it work.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Yes, there are lots of problems with your nesting plans.

The basic rule is that if one ride by definition is completed within another, we only issue one certificate. In your case:

1. Doing the Eggsanity SS1K on day 1 is fine, but

2. If you finish 1,500 miles on day 1 you have by definition also completed 1,000 miles in the same 24 hours. So you can request either certifcate, but not both.

3.If you complete an SS2k, you by definition have also completed at least on SS1K. So again, you can claim an SS1K or an SS2K, bot not both.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well, color me completely outside the lines and off base. I would have thought that the demands for eggsanity trumped the SS1K issues, but I was wrong.