Eggsanity ride

Redwing56

Premier Member
Hello all
Looking to submit an eggsanity 1000 but being from the northeast I was wondering if it was possible to substitute the omelette shoppe for another restaurant. There are only a few and it’s making for a long run kinda one way but not impossible. Just curious if there are substitutes
Thanks all!

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Well, the rules list Waffle House, Huddle House, Omelet Shoppe, and Royal Waffle King as approved chains. The rules also say ". . .short order grills in classic Waffle House® style. . ." and "Other Waffle House style chains. . ." So if what you have in mind fits those descriptions, it may work with prior approval.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well, the rules list Waffle House, Huddle House, Omelet Shoppe, and Royal Waffle King as approved chains. The rules also say ". . .short order grills in classic Waffle House® style. . ." and "Other Waffle House style chains. . ." So if what you have in mind fits those descriptions, it may work with prior approval.
Well now you're giving me hope, since the nearest Waffle House to me is... 1300 miles away in Ft Collins, CO.

Actually.. that's not a bad ride...

WY88

Premier Member
Well now you're giving me hope, since the nearest Waffle House to me is... 1300 miles away in Ft Collins, CO.

Actually.. that's not a bad ride...
Last summer I did a little recon looking for "other waffle house style chains". Didn't really find any, best I could come up with is Cracker Barrel, Shari's, and Denny's spread out between here (Seattle), east to Billings, and south to St George / Las Vegas. Burger Master and Sonics for drive in style. When I lived in Georgia we had almost as many Waffle Houses as Seattle has Starbucks.

Last edited:

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
That's a real challenge for WA state. Because of places like Burgerville, most of the lightweights won't come North. ;) And Village Inn, IHOP, Dennys, etc don't have the cachet of a greasy Waffle House. :eek:

Eggslut is in Las Vegas and CA, which might qualify, though they are more brunch-centric and burger heavy on the menu. Not really short order.

Other great egg centered breakfast places in the West tend to be one offs, not chains. You could do an entire ride with those, but it wouldn't likely qualify as an eggsanity ride.

The Egg and Us in Seattle + 4 more locations might fit.

These are just solo spots with good breakfasts. I'm sure there are tons more I'm missing. :)
Beth's Cafe in Seattle
Pancake Corral in Bellevue
Jay Berry's Cafe in Renton
Marsha's Silver Spoon in Tacoma
Billy's Cafe in Port Orchard
Alfred's Cafe in Tacoma
New Moon Cafe in Olympia

WY88

Premier Member
That's a real challenge for WA state. Because of places like Burgerville, most of the lightweights won't come North. ;) And Village Inn, IHOP, Dennys, etc don't have the cachet of a greasy Waffle House. :eek:

Eggslut is in Las Vegas and CA, which might qualify, though they are more brunch-centric and burger heavy on the menu. Not really short order.

Other great egg centered breakfast places in the West tend to be one offs, not chains. You could do an entire ride with those, but it wouldn't likely qualify as an eggsanity ride.

The Egg and Us in Seattle + 4 more locations might fit.

These are just solo spots with good breakfasts. I'm sure there are tons more I'm missing. :)
Beth's Cafe in Seattle
Pancake Corral in Bellevue
Jay Berry's Cafe in Renton
Marsha's Silver Spoon in Tacoma
Billy's Cafe in Port Orchard
Alfred's Cafe in Tacoma
New Moon Cafe in Olympia
I've been to some of those and they are good. 14 Carrots in Seattle is also good, another one off breakfast joint.

Something else to consider... Here in Florida, at least, many of the Huddle Houses are not currently open 24 hours. Waffle House was the same for a while, though they all appear to be open 24 hours again. I would suggest calling first, for hours, when planning.