Ethan's Heart Ride

ED535

Along with the small detour at Urunga I will fix this too.

The files in the google drive link (above) will be updated soon to account for these changes.

Kimmie

Madly going through all the paperwork........... and I'll probably have to ask some questions when we finish.

Anyway, just a small thing but there is a spelling mistake (Colongolook) in one of the towns....should be COOlongolook.

ED535

Latest updates loaded to the google drive for those who need to look.
The Urunga Fuel stop has been moved to the BP servo just north of the bridge, the time is still the same.
Thanks to Ox for the heads up, he has saved us from a bit of confusion.

ED535

We did it, and when the Facebook fever slows down, people love instant, I am sure some of the pics will end up here.
I am doing my downloads now and will update soon, and thanks everyone.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Latest updates loaded to the google drive for those who need to look.
The Urunga Fuel stop has been moved to the BP servo just north of the bridge, the time is still the same.
Thanks to Ox for the heads up, he has saved us from a bit of confusion.
I didn't have a plan (except yours that worked well from a different starting point) I rode into Urunga and got some cheap water from the supermarket and realised how far it was from the main rd :( I should have read the updates :)

Kimmie

Guys, I can't get the electronic form from the link above.
When I click on it, it takes me to another screen with this link IBA ON-LINE Certification
Then when I click on that it asks me which APP I want to use to open the file and then nothing happens :(

HELP!!!

tj189

Premier Member
Hi Kimmie, the link should open to an email, it possibly cannot recognise which email programme you are using. I have started a conversation for you so you can contact me and we can work through it.

The alternative if you are using PC and not Mac, is to right click on the IBA ON-Line certification in your post, select "copy email address" then paste the address as the recipient into your open email composition.
Took me a while to figure that one out.

ED535

Ethan's Ride Report, for those who might be interested.

So I went on a IBA ride and it was so much fun.

My mum was at the start to sign the forms and hand out the bacon and egg rolls.

We had lots of riders.

Our first stop was Dunedoo, and the guy was late to open up. It was so funny when he arrived and we were all waiting for him.

We had to wait for road works.

And cattle which was funny and scary, I gave a cow a funny look and he looked back at me.

At Narrabri Sarge and Kimmie had to have a nap on the ice box.
And more friends joined us.

On the way to Armidale I got cold and we stopped to put my winter liner in my jacket.
After Armidale I thought it was going to rain when there was a big black cloud ahead of us.

We had a lot of fun chats at the fuel stops and laughed a lot.

Ox's family was at Urunga to meet us with lights in the shape of a heart and I met Ox's nephew Nick who loves riding too.

We were nearly home when Eddie got pulled over for a breath test 1km from Hungry Jacks.
And mum was waiting for us to sign the forms and bring the Rissoles for everyone to eat.

Thank you to all my friends for coming along for this ride with me.

Kimmie

It was a great ride Ethan and well done on your report too!!

Although, I can't believe you posted that last photo of me......my golly, you certainly didn't get my best side :D

Skidoo

Premier Member
AWSOME write up and great pics Ethan? You look like a season long distance rider mate. Congratulations and well done, it was a real pleasure riding part of the ride with you and the old fella piloting your ride :D

tj189

Premier Member
Young Ethan thank you very much for posting up your ride report with some great photographs. Like you in the photographs, I had a big smile on my face while reading your report. Well done young man and best wishes for your future rides

Well done Ethan, I think you did a great job and to be able to enjoy this ride is awesome. Not sure if you are the youngest IBA to be member even if as a pillion. It must be a record, the whole of the IBA, FarRiders, Long Distance Riders and Facebook became aware of this. You have a fantastic family who all supported you and also helped us to be a part of your journey, great show and tell at School!!!!
It was obvious from being with you and seeing the photos how much joy you had.
Ed has to have a mention in this, to have the vision and ability to put together a ride like this, the heart shape, the well thought out stops and corners and the distance just right, everything fell into place. All riders who came to start and finish with you and all those who dropped in along the way was fantastic.
Special thanks to Ethans whole family for your hospitality.
Well done Mate, unfortunately you now have the long distance riding addiction. You're going to need a bigger pocket money payout!!!!!!!!!!

Tele

Premier Member
What an awesome report Ethan ! They say a "picture paints a thousand words" and the shots you have included here show the depth of camaraderie and fun that our happy group shared on this wonderful adventure. Your smile throughout the day (and night!) was an inspiration to us all! Well done buddy! Thanks also to the very talented Ed who took the time to plan and coordinate this special day out. So pleased I could make this event and be part of your very first IBA Pillion effort :D

Problems with applying for certification. Howard emailed me to say that he has not received my application either though the oz link or through the main IBA Mail although I sent them out. So will have to resend.
Have already paid through PayPal. Will forward details again as a reply to Howard's mail. If it becomes too difficult will just leave it as I know, and you all know, I did the ride.
Did put everything together correctly, emails and attachments went off ok with no unable to deliver messages.
Have to try again on main computer tonight after work.