Ethan's Heart Ride

Enterprise

Premier Member
Problems with applying for certification. Howard emailed me to say that he has not received my application either though the oz link or through the main IBA Mail although I sent them out. So will have to resend.
When I submitted mine I noticed that I didn't get an automatic return receipt which I normally do get. I might check as well to see that it has been received.

tj189

Premier Member
When I submitted mine I noticed that I didn't get an automatic return receipt which I normally do get. I might check as well to see that it has been received.
John, the automatic reply has been turned off at this stage as there were some problems with it. I would suggest giving it a bit more time before contacting Howard.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Problems with applying for certification. Howard emailed me to say that he has not received my application either though the oz link or through the main IBA Mail although I sent them out. So will have to resend.
Have already paid through PayPal. Will forward details again as a reply to Howard's mail. If it becomes too difficult will just leave it as I know, and you all know, I did the ride.
Did put everything together correctly, emails and attachments went off ok with no unable to deliver messages.
Have to try again on main computer tonight after work.
Sgt, sometimes things 'just go astray'. Can I suggest just reply to Howard's email he sent you, and as you suggested re-attaching all your docs including your PayPal info and I'm sure it will all pan out.

Ok at home on main PC. Have attached original attachments and forwarded straight to Howards mail. Which is the

[email protected] address.
Hopefully this will not "go astray"
Not too concerned as I know I did the ride, and all boxes ticked.

All sorted with good support from Howard Entman. My "bad" as the saying goes, was being too obsessive and looks like I sent the email off to more than one address which then caused a bit of a hiccup. In future have now the one correct place to mail stuff to.
Now that we have the Oz connection it will be easier for plebs like me to be more motivated to do a few more long rides and record them correctly. :)

Kimmie

Ok, I still haven't heard anything about my documents or payment being received.
I have sent an email with everything again to [email protected] hopefully Howard and the team will receive this time.

I know some aren't concerned whether a certificate is forthcoming, but this was a hard ride for me and something I was very proud to be a part of and would like the certificate.

Fingers crossed.

Hey Kimmie, I made the mistake of being a bit ocd but in the end had an email from Howard to say that he had eventually got the details and all was good. He is certainly aware of the ride overall.
I know I said it doesn't matter as I know and you all know I did the ride but, yes it would be good to get the Cert.
I believe that things are working in the background as they are all volunteers, just read up on the India Certifucation process, they are quoting twelve months to ratify a ride!!!!
Howard did say in his email that if you send multiple mails then they could be overlooked as others may think that someone else is doing the Cert.
Just send to [email protected]
My mistake at first was to try and send to multiple emails to make sure it got there but this apparently complicates things.
I agree about the ride, some would look at it as an easy ramble, only just enough to warm the bike up but others like you and me find it a challenge, 1600 in 22 hrs + is still 1600 and not to be taken lightly. You especially deserve the recognition as you rode about 45 mins each way to the start and finish.
You did immensely well.
You will get the certificate I am sure of.
Cheers
Sgt Schultz.
By the way I still know nuffink!.

Last edited:

Kimmie

Thanks for the info Sarge and the encouragement. It is appreciated. You also did extremely well Sarge and worthy of certification.

I sent my documentation to the normal email for applications today (with an explanation as to why I was sending it again) - thinking that maybe it hadn't been received on the oziba email.
Not long afterwards I received an email from Michael Kneebone saying I should resend it to the oziba email and "Howard is on the road, will take a bit for him to respond to you but they will set verification in motion once he gets it".

To which I thanked him very much and he responded with

"I will ask him about it, we will get it sorted out here".
Mike

Couldn't ask for anything more, Michael has it in hand. He did also mention they are aware of this ride, so I have so doubt AT ALL that when time permits all the verification's will be completed and we will be advised.

Kimmie

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Received an email from Michael Kneebone today advising that my certification is in the mail, should have it any day!! and sorry for the mix-up in communication.

WOO HOO!!!

Bit of a mess with posting as I have just done a 12 hr overtime now have 3 X 12 hr night shifts to look forward to. But got my certificate when I got home.
Would like to thank Ed and Ethan, also all the family who supported this ride, especially Eds partner for staying up all night and supplying the much needed food and drinks. Amazed is all all I can say say for this.
Thanks to all the riders, was a great time and although tired really enjoyed the ride. To see the joy on Ethans face was worth it.
Also thanks to all the IBA guys who certified this ride.

Last edited:

ED535

Well I am sorry, I have been so busy lately I have fallen behind in my posts.
We too have received our certificates.
Now we are just waiting to be told Ethan's IBA Number.

Again, I have to say thanks to all the people that joined us, supported us, and helped us get this ride done.