Farkles

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
This Friday the bike is getting Wilbers suspension fitted at 47K the OEM units are just about finished.
The Wilbers units are built to your specification E.G weight, do you carry pillion, or ride solo with luggage this is the final modification (I hope) I had these on my 1100 GS it was a different bike.
So after changing the seat and footrests, fitting a GSA tank, changing the screen, Grip puppies I don't want to think how much this lot has cost me.
So what have you done to your mighty steed to get it more comfortable for this long distance stuff?
also LED headlight and indicator bulbs from https://www.cyclopsadventuresports....-LED-Headlight-Bulb-Kit-6400-lumen_p_147.html
and LED panel for the rear light all canbus compatible, no need to carry spare bulbs.

Last edited:

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Triumph Trophy was pretty good as new but of course had to do some things:

Russell Day Long Saddle
Lower foot pegs
Bar risers
Phillips super duper headlight bulbs

That's about it, done 30,000 miles in my 18 months ownership and no plans for anything else but I'm at the bike show next Tuesday so you never know what I may see.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Got the units fitted and was riding out the garage at 1200 so I had a ride to Wiltshire for beer, curry and talking bo+++cks with a few mates.
The bike is smooth no more crashing and banging over potholes/road humps ect also stable fore and aft as the rear unit was starting to lose it's rebound damping I will get them refurbished as spares as there is a five year warranty I shouldn't need them.
Saturday morning bright and early I rode to the Dorset coast via Salisbury then West along the south coast back to Kent using as many A and B roads as possible, the bike is stable and gives much more confidence through the bends much nicer to ride less fatigue which cant be a bad thing for long distance riding, it sits about 1/2 in higher when stationary that should settle with few more miles.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Triumph Trophy was pretty good as new but of course had to do some things:

Russell Day Long Saddle
Lower foot pegs
Bar risers
Phillips super duper headlight bulbs

That's about it, done 30,000 miles in my 18 months ownership and no plans for anything else but I'm at the bike show next Tuesday so you never know what I may see.

Love, light and kindness,

Dave
Dave leave your wallet at home there is too much temptation there.

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
I know John I can resist most things except temptation. Jennifer must have read this as the food money draw has been locked!

Jonnyp

IBA Member
I love a bit of “bling” on the bike but I do get a bit miffed paying through every orifice for it. For a while I have been looking for an alternative to the Mudsling, not sure I want to part with over £140 although having had one on my air cooled GS I know they are good.

Last week I noticed a Chinese alternative for...£26.50 on eBay.... arrived in 3 days (seller has uk stock) fitted in 10 mins (I did spend another 10 just taking off a couple of sharp edges) and I can honestly say, it’s worth every penny... and some.

Black Rear Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For BMW R1200GS Adventure ADV 2013-2017 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252958216128

I found infil panels and frame protectors at 1/3 the cost of a well know German brand, if they are as good as this guard extension, they’ll be on my Christmas list...:)

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
There's only one 'P' in triple......maybe that was the prob.
If it fits Jonny's it will fit yours - the LCs are all the same in the mudsling area.