FarRiders - RTE Agnes Waters QLD 20 Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj189

Premier Member
Added this one as well, if someone is able confirm the date and to post the details, e.g., person organising, location, meeting time, etc., then that may assist riders wishing to attend.

Last edited:

Reader57

Thanks TJ. I will be going to this but not organising. I was going to the FarRide until the suspension happened to the operations of FarRiders. But I like the area. Quite a few good memories of 1770 and Miriam Vale. I believe someone said they are going to be at the Agnes Waters Pub at 11:00. I will stop and say hello but a bit early for me. I will come back to the pub after going to 1770.

tj189

Premier Member
Note: reposted from another thread.

Does anyone have a copy of the remaining rides for this year. Perhaps we could post them here and work from that while we are waiting for the site to get going... Just as an interim step towards either future life or death.
In order to support our Long Distance Riding community (in this case FarRiders) we have, already, had some posted communication on the forum regarding their RTE's, Agnes Waters Qld and Paynes' Find in WA. They are currently located here.

There are a number of dual membership holders on this forum that will be able to post notifications up.

This is and should only be seen, as part of the comradeship for all of the Long Distance Riding Community here in Australia, and in supporting the new owners of FarRiders during the change over of ownership.

Last edited:

Hop

TJ you are a champion.
I am not organising the 1770 run be I am happy to ring the Agnes Water Tavern and warn them to expect some lunch bookings. Lunch is on from 11.30am. Plan to be there about 11 and no later than 11.30. And complete a FR10. Not that I am expecting anyone there to check it off. I will be on my Triumph Explorer and my daughter be with me making her first attempt at long distance riding on her Vstrom 1050.
I am keen to make the trip as a warmup for the muster which is a warm up for attempting a SS2500 to MotoGP later in the year.
If you let us know you are planning to attend what would have been East N #75 to 1770 and more importantly you plan to stay for lunch post your intention here by Wednesday night and I will book a table.
I hope that is being helpful. I will write a post sometime about why I think this is important but for now let’s ride.

Biggles

Premier Member
Count me in.
Because the ride was never set up for registration, no Check-in location was nominated, so your idea of the Agnes Water pub (-24.215375, 151.902466) is as good as any, since there's no pub in 1770 that I'm aware of. As I recall Reader 57 mentioned a possible rendezvous at the 1770 Caravan Park entrance. I will continue on to 1770 in the spirit of attending the designated destination for completeness sake. I'm FR#509 and I expect to have FR#1192 as pillion on my Honda ST1300.

Nev..

Premier Member
I had taken leave from work this week with plans to be in Seventeen Seventy, but due to the way things have unfolded I have decided on a shorter ride just for myself for a few mid-week days out on the bike and still with a QLD destination. Instead I decided to head to the Nindigully Pub for one of their excellent burgers. I'll be there for about an hour at lunchtime this Thursday, then turning around and pointing the bike back at Melbourne.

tj189

Premier Member
I'm in. Hopefully see some of you on Saturday at Agnes with our ochre caps & loud shirts.
Thanks TJ for supporting us at this time of uncertainty
cheers
HarryR
Thanks Harry, the credit is not mine but due to the ethos of the IBA and the team here in Australia, from our web page:

The IBA has been supporting Australian Long Distance Riders since 1999, IBA Australia continues to serve the Australian LDRiding community. We are a non-partisan open community for all Australian LD Riders with access for Members to read about and share information regarding IBA rides. As a local entity, IBA Australia will facilitate events and rides suited to Australian conditions addressing the needs of local riders and visiting overseas members.

Cheers

Hey all. First post here. The most honourable Biggles introduced me to SS1600K rides a few years ago and managed to talk me into doing a number of rides with him. Just for numbers's sake, You can expect FR#1170 (CallMeSteve) and FR#1171 (CallHerRuth) to show up at Agnes as well. Also on a Honda ST1300. See you Saturday.

Hi all, managed to register here to follow the FarRides, well what's left of the ashes perhaps.
Myself FR#576 & another FarRider will be attending 1770 FR East #75 this weekend. We have already arranged to meet in the carpark near the entrance of the Camping grounds but will also swing by the Tavern on the way out to say hi to any other riders who may be there

Hop

Hi all, managed to register here to follow the FarRides, well what's left of the ashes perhaps.
Myself FR#576 & another FarRider will be attending 1770 FR East #75 this weekend. We have already arranged to meet in the carpark near the entrance of the Camping grounds but will also swing by the Tavern on the way out to say hi to any other riders who may be there
Hi Daggy, Are you aware of any other FarRiders planning to meet at the Caravan Park who would like to drop in for lunch. I am really a nobody in the scheme of things. I am just bloke who averages a RTE every couple of years so I don't really know any one that well. 1770 was my mental health plan for this year and then the site disappeared and I wanted to go anyway so I offered to book lunch. At the moment I am aware of 11 people coming if there are more let me know and I will add them to the booking. I will come down the Caravan park entrance at 11. Lunch does not start until 11.30 anyway.
Let me know and see you Saturday. Hop

Hi Hop, myself & another FarRider will join you for lunch at the Tavern. We will swing by the Caravan Car Park at 1770 first as I believe there will be other riders there too. We may have a ring in with us also(non FarRider) who will be tagging along for some of our ride but not doing a FR so maybe allow for 3 mouths to feed :) safe riding & see ya there

Biggles

Premier Member
It was great to see TJ at Seventeen Seventy- a show of solidarity with currently afflicted FarRiders. Peter took names of the 15 riders, and another two turned up soon after the photo having not been able to pin down the location- a brand new FarRider with his Dad.
Mark me for 1029 km when the database relaunches. ;)

FRE#75 Group_em.jpg

Last edited:

Hop

Thanks for photo Biggles. Anna and I are home 1137km. If they get registered Anna is a new rider and I am #1078. Great to see support for FarRiders hope it gets sorted and back to normal soon.

Thanks everyone for your help on Saturday. My son and I finally located most of the group at the Agnes Waters Tavern.
Special thanks to "Biggles" for recording our names and pointing us in the right direction.
I will now be using this forum, or the FB page (Australian Long Distance Motorcycle riders) to keep track of rides, until the FR website retuns, if ever.
Will be a real shame if we lose all that history.
Ron Pretlove FR#806 GTR1400

Status
Not open for further replies.