Finally did it!

~L~D~

IBA Member
Finally completed the SS1000! Had a fun time and even dragged 2 friends along!
I was riding my 2016 Heritage Softail - but the other 2 intrepid travelers were riding their 700 Hondas! I think the term "Saddle Sore" rang true for them! They were good sports though and helped me hit my goal of doing an Iron Butt before I turned 60. Ride took place on June 25 and I turned 60 yesterday! Just waiting for the verification. Signed up for this forum and am enjoying seeing all the other accomplishments of the other riders here. omg I sound like such a newbee. LOL.

Shared View: iron butt 2022 - SPOT Tracking (findmespot.com)

Attachments

Firstpeke

Well done on your first IBA ride and welcome to insanity, I hope the certification and that desired number are soon forthcoming!

Planning for the next one?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on meeting your goal. I hope this experience expands your concept of what you can do and you find more fun IBA rides to do or make up your own ride to challenge yourself.

~L~D~

IBA Member
Well done on your first IBA ride and welcome to insanity, I hope the certification and that desired number are soon forthcoming!

Planning for the next one?
Absolutely! My riding season is swiftly coming to a close but I’m excited to plan for next year. My main initial hiccup is that I live on an island. So next year getting to the mainland is to try the Butt Burner