First time w map quest

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Try google maps instead. Mapquest used to be really good several years back, but went to shit when the children code monkeys started "improving" it.

Tcmcnomad

NoMaD
Premier Member
Ok I tried that, very painstakingly because it would only let me do three stops per on my tablet when in Google maps in the browser. I did get it to populate a link w all the stops, but it opens into Google maps the app I know y'all gurus are bz w the rally, but for the love of my sanity can you please help me turn this into what I need to paste into my cert application??

https://maps.app.goo.gl/RBbmJ9y2ywBK3p6DA

CB650F

Premier Member
https://goo.gl/maps/FMN7AGCPXV3Anm919

Use that. For future reference, once you get the map setup in Google Maps, look in the upper left hand corner of your browser. You'll see the big blue area with all of your stops. Just above your start location, you'll see some icons. The first will be 3 horizontal bars. Second one will be a right turn arrow. Then a car, then a bus, a guy walking, a bicycle, then finally a plane. If you click the first icon that is 3 horizontal bars, that will bring up a menu. Scroll down to "Share or embed map" and click on it. That will bring up a small link you can easily copy to the clipboard then paste in your cert app email.

At least that's how it works on my desktop. I don't own a tablet, but I assume the process is at least similar.

EDIT: That one you posted also brings up a good map. Looks like an SS2K. 2061 miles, 31 hours.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
That first link you shared opens in Google Maps for me, showing a 2069 mile route starting at the Circle K in Macon and ending at the Kroger in Macon. Google Maps suggests it as a 31 hour ride. If you are wanting to show a SS2K or SS2K Gold route, you did perfect!

The second link worked too, but it's much cleaner to do what CB650F suggests as you get a shorter link to share via email.

edit - I will say that I hope you got a receipt in Savanna too. Documenting the corners helps a lot to verify the ride.

Tcmcnomad

NoMaD
Premier Member
https://goo.gl/maps/FMN7AGCPXV3Anm919

Use that. For future reference, once you get the map setup in Google Maps, look in the upper left hand corner of your browser. You'll see the big blue area with all of your stops. Just above your start location, you'll see some icons. The first will be 3 horizontal bars. Second one will be a right turn arrow. Then a car, then a bus, a guy walking, a bicycle, then finally a plane. If you click the first icon that is 3 horizontal bars, that will bring up a menu. Scroll down to "Share or embed map" and click on it. That will bring up a small link you can easily copy to the clipboard then paste in your cert app email.

At least that's how it works on my desktop. I don't own a tablet, but I assume the process is at least similar.

EDIT: That one you posted also brings up a good map. Looks like an SS2K. 2061 miles, 31 hours.
Thank you, you know how it is, all this work so far, definitely don't want to screw this up

Tcmcnomad

NoMaD
Premier Member
That first link you shared opens in Google Maps for me, showing a 2069 mile route starting at the Circle K in Macon and ending at the Kroger in Macon. Google Maps suggests it as a 31 hour ride. If you are wanting to show a SS2K or SS2K Gold route, you did perfect!

The second link worked too, but it's much cleaner to do what CB650F suggests as you get a shorter link to share via email.

edit - I will say that I hope you got a receipt in Savanna too. Documenting the corners helps a lot to verify the ride.
Thank you, could not have figured it out w out your help.
Regarding savannah sadly no, I had a terrible down pour just before savannah so I stopped under a gas station canopy and I bagged my phone from the weather. Once it cleared up enough to get back on the road I snapped a pic of a drink recipt but the rain drops deleted the pic. Luckily I was using spot walla and new spot walla both, so it should verify the route I was on.

CB650F

Premier Member
Make a note of that when you email it in. With Spotwalla tracking you, you'll probably be fine. It's worth letting them know what happened though. You can't possibly send them too much info.