Fools Gold 2018

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Unfortunately I've called my ride already.
Combination of 50mph sections + cold + wind + bumpy road + old age = not having fun. Why would I persist through 24 hours of that?
Maybe next year.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Unfortunately I've called my ride already.
Combination of 50mph sections + cold + wind + bumpy road + old age = not having fun. Why would I persist through 24 hours of that?
Maybe next year.
After the twice brewed rte (roadworks M6 M4 etc), the beast from the west, operation stack at dover, I didn't even start. At least you gave it a go Bob. :)

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done Phil <I don't know why we haven't got a hand clapping smiley these days, that's progress I suppose:rolleyes:>

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It is in "Bike" Magazine this month. It's out for subscriptions and probably in shops next week. Look for one with Green Kawasaki, headlight on, facing camera on front cover. Titled....Epic 5000 mile test H2 SX
90 minute interview over the phone after the ride to put article together.

Edited
Sat 21st April 18

Last edited:

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Got my Ride yesterday...should have been you on the bike, on the Cover...unless you've gone all boy racer!
..."the downshifter works well from higher speeds and revs...I was using it when coming off motorways, just stamping on the pedal instead of braking and that worked nicely" that made me smile...nice article Phil, glad to see you're becoming a Ride Endurance Tester !! Still amazed how you put those miles in.