For Sale: LD setup 2012 Super Tenere: $9000 OBO, 39k miles

When I bought this bike from Ralph Hanson in 2018 I wanted a lighter alternative to my GL1800 - something good for solo riding, something good for rallying, something good for riding off road. It didn't quite work out that way for me. Its longest trip was the ride home to CA from NE. I never rode it in a rally. But the two biggest reasons it never got ridden are 1) My wife decided she wanted to ride with me. Yay for me! Yay for my marriage! Yay for the Gold Wing! Boo for the Tenere, though. And 2) my arthritic shoulder got worse. The riding position on the S10 just doesn't work for all the bone spurs in my shoulder. It hurts too much to ride for more than a jaunt around local roads.

In the meantime, I've kept it up quite well. It had a valve adjustment and tuneup. It's got fresh street tires and a new lithium battery. This baby is ready to ride IBA-style!! Here's the list of features:

• EAZ Cycles flatbed fuel cell, 5.25 gal.
  • Pelican top case with ultra rare Wendy Crockett sticker on the flatbed
  • Russel Day Long solo seat with Sunbrella fabric in excellent shape.
  • Parabellum tall windscreen.
  • Givi tip over bars.
  • OEM panniers,
  • Zumo XT mount.
  • Aux LED high beams and yellow running lights.
  • Heated grips, throttle lock, voltmeter.
  • New tires front and rear
I'm asking the same amount I paid for it in 2018: $9000. I've put only 7k miles on it (pathetic, I know.) I've invested in service and tires. It's in great shape. If this price is too high, make me an offer. This bike really needs to go to someone who will appreciate the LD setup.

More pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nb8MWnZLHDFW1VCo9

IMG_2654.jpg

Last edited: