Foster's OZ & NZ Trip

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi All,

FYI Foster's Trip in OZ & NZ

While riding early hours this morning from Coober Pedy to Alice Springs he came off the bike just before 04:00, he was later spotted by a truck driver who altered the emergency services. They flew him from the local Flying Doctor airstrip to Alice Springs where he is undergoing test and treatment.

First Initial findings are a broken collar bone and suspect broken ribs. Not recalling about the accident and being groggy they will be putting through the MRI to check everything is OK.

For those following the spot Tracker this is why it's stopped at Alice Springs Flying Doctor Airstrip.

Joy is relaying Information as news become available and is planning on getting over to him a.s.a.p.

The Help button and SOS was not activated we think because of not knowing what was happening. ...

Wishing him All the best for a Quick recovery..

Please do not share on Public Sites other tan IBA related ...

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi All,

FYI Foster's Trip in OZ & NZ

While riding early hours this morning from Coober Pedy to Alice Springs he came off the bike just before 04:00, he was later spotted by a truck driver who altered the emergency services. They flew him from the local Flying Doctor airstrip to Alice Springs where he is undergoing test and treatment.

First Initial findings are a broken collar bone and suspect broken ribs. Not recalling about the accident and being groggy they will be putting through the MRI to check everything is OK.

For those following the spot Tracker this is why it's stopped at Alice Springs Flying Doctor Airstrip.

Joy is relaying Information as news become available and is planning on getting over to him a.s.a.p.

The Help button and SOS was not activated we think because of not knowing what was happening. ...

Wishing him All the best for a Quick recovery..

Please do not share on Public Sites other tan IBA related ...
Sorry to hear this but glad it’s not more serious.

All the best for a speedy recovery

bmbob

IBA Member
That's bad news, wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for letting us know Ziggy

Ride safe
Regards Bob

Skidoo

Premier Member
Thanks for the update Ziggy!
Glad 'Foster' isn't 'too' bad.
I understand about the emergency button on the spot to Oz!
Hoping for a speedy recovery :)

Well on my ride out here in Oz I was attacked by a damn Kangaroo and I'm now in hospital in Alice Springs feeling sorry for myself.
The full fact are that I broke 10 ribs most with double break and two breaks to the coller bone. I have also a crack too the T9 vertebra, all if which I'm told will heal themselves, we wait with bated breath.
I also have a chest drain in as there was a small puncture to the right lung, a black right eye,(something broke the visor and hit my eye) other than that, as if that's not enough not another mark on me, ATGATT, the only thing I got them to save was my Altberg Boots the rest they cut off, I feel a shopping trip coming on.
I hope to get the chest drain out tomorrow then it just down to time.
I'll be putting something on line in the next day or so.
Thanks for all your thoughts and nice words it really does help.
I had a visit from a local IBA lad which was nice.
A big thanks to Ziggy for relaying the info to you all.
Foster

HACKLE

Sorry about your near encounter with one of our jumping kangaroos. Sorry about your ribs, lung, vertebra,eye and clothing. Happy about your boots. As you say, not much that time can't fix. Our roads await your next adventure. Heal well. Cheers. :):)

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Foster I'm glad you're not too bad. I've hit kangaroos a bunch of times on my bike trips and it is never fun, always unpredictable and for some riders horrific. It's a pretty remote part of the world and a very lonely road to find yourself on when in trouble, even worse for you as you are so far from home.

Thumbs up for the Royal Flying Doctor Service :)

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
thanks for the update Foster you need to let the factory know in Richmond how toy saved your boots lol looking forward to catching up when you return to the UK, Sally say Hi, and get well soon

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hope you recover well, I know broken ribs are painful but only when you breath.
Alternatives not so good.o_O

How many times a day have they got you coughing?:( Don't even think about sneezing:mad:

See you in Calais