Four Seasons Award

JAORE

Premier Member
Last December I completed the fourth of the Four Season Awards. I'd noted there is a certificate for completing the cycle, but I had not applied. After all, I have all of the seasons "on the wall". Why have a cert that doesn't really represent a ride?

Then, last night, Howard Entman posted on the IBA Face Book page encouraging people to ride the Spring equinox ride. In his post he noted that fewer than 60 people had the Four Seasons Award.

Ho Lee Katz! Fewer than 60? I'm in!

Hey, I know about the 100,000 miles per year/ three digit IBR people/multi-hundred cert riders/and other alien DNA types.

Not me. 100% human. My first cert was at age 60. My second at 65. Now at 69 I have just 9 (count 'em!).

I will never, ever, ever (absent some truly remarkable breakthroughs in medical science) be in those groups.

But Top 60 in anything IBA, I'll take it. Sure, YOU guys might laugh at that "brag".

But when I mention to local riding friends that I've ridden 1,000 miles in 24 their eyes get big.... then I say I've also done 1,500 in a day and their mouths fall open, THEN I can tell them "In fact, I'm one of fewer than 60 that..... " I'll be chuckling to myself.

Kind of like being the thinnest person to appear on "My 600 pound life", but we take what we can.

Y'all ride safe.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Nice! Congrats!

My parents invited themselves over tomorrow...but, believe me, I was seriously considering a Spring Equinox ride tomorrow.

Last December I completed the fourth of the Four Season Awards. I'd noted there is a certificate for completing the cycle, but I had not applied. After all, I have all of the seasons "on the wall". Why have a cert that doesn't really represent a ride?

Then, last night, Howard Entman posted on the IBA Face Book page encouraging people to ride the Spring equinox ride. In his post he noted that fewer than 60 people had the Four Seasons Award.

Ho Lee Katz! Fewer than 60? I'm in!

Hey, I know about the 100,000 miles per year/ three digit IBR people/multi-hundred cert riders/and other alien DNA types.

Not me. 100% human. My first cert was at age 60. My second at 65. Now at 69 I have just 9 (count 'em!).

I will never, ever, ever (absent some truly remarkable breakthroughs in medical science) be in those groups.

But Top 60 in anything IBA, I'll take it. Sure, YOU guys might laugh at that "brag".

But when I mention to local riding friends that I've ridden 1,000 miles in 24 their eyes get big.... then I say I've also done 1,500 in a day and their mouths fall open, THEN I can tell them "In fact, I'm one of fewer than 60 that..... " I'll be chuckling to myself.

Kind of like being the thinnest person to appear on "My 600 pound life", but we take what we can.

Y'all ride safe.
Congrats. I hope to join you soon. Attempting my second equinox tomorrow. That will leave the winter solstice to complete the series.

-Mark

JAORE

Premier Member
Well... we can easily feed into your addiction!!!

More men have walked on the moon than have completed the Piston Diversity challenge! o_O:p

https://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/piston-diversity-insanity-challenge.2774/
Combining Ira's statement on "fewer than 60" on the Four Seasons and Dr. Nero on Piston diversity raises an interesting point.

Is there a place where we can see (already tabulated!) the number who have completed various IBA rides? Obviously SS 1000 dwarves all the others. But how many BBG's, 50 CtoC, and others have been documented?

I'm not likely to be tempted to be the first guy to do a SS 1000 entirely on the back tire. But it might be an incentive to pick a doable one. For example the 5 In State rides (with conditions) intrigues me. I doubt if many have done so.