Four Seasons Rides

moose

Premier Member
I saw in the big list a drive that is called 4 season rides. Are they possible to drive in any country? And you must drive the same type of certified drive every time?
Dan

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I saw in the big list a drive that is called 4 season rides. Are they possible to drive in any country? And you must drive the same type of certified drive every time?
Dan
Yes, you can attempt it in any country.

You may select which ride you wish to use, but it needs to be the same ride type for each ride. For example, you might elect to do the Bun Burner 1500, which is fine. But you will need to do the BB 1500 for all four rides.

The rules page for the 4 Seasons ride is at

http://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/fourseasons/

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thank you IRA, this will be an interesting ride.
...starting out in Sweden. :D

Yes, you can attempt it in any country.

You may select which ride you wish to use, but it needs to be the same ride type for each ride. For example, you might elect to do the Bun Burner 1500, which is fine. But you will need to do the BB 1500 for all four rides.

The rules page for the 4 Seasons ride is at

http://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/fourseasons/

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
There are actually a multitude of different levels in doing a Four Season hiding here:

Gold is gold, no discussion there...

But having "a lifetime" at hand to complete the task is... ...not as challenging as

Doing it under 12 consecutive months, or even doing them under the same year: spring->summer->autumn->winter

Hmm, so where is my calendar now again...? ;)

Roadglider

Premier Member
So lets do it during one year. I will do the SS 1000 starting September 22. Anyone else who would like to join ?;)
Dan
I started 21 Dec 2017 Winter Solstice (Unknowingly) and will complete in 12 consecutive months barring any unforeseen events. I agree there should be a challenge. Did you complete your Sept and Dec rides, as planned?

Mike721

Premier Member
I was reading this and I'm a bit confused about 2 points.
1) For a 4 season ride cert do I just have to do one (say SS100) anytime in each season or do they have to be ON the Soltstices and Equinoxes?
2) Can the 4 rides be split between 2 years?
My Example..
I did a SS1000 on September 23 2017, so that was the first day of Fall.
Let's say I do one during the next 2 weeks 2018 ( still Winter), then anytime in Spring 2018 then anytime in Summer 2018?
Does that qualify for 4 seasons, within 12 months ( even though it's not the same year)

Roadglider

Premier Member
I was reading this and I'm a bit confused about 2 points.
1) For a 4 season ride cert do I just have to do one (say SS100) anytime in each season or do they have to be ON the Soltstices and Equinoxes?
2) Can the 4 rides be split between 2 years?
My Example..
I did a SS1000 on September 23 2017, so that was the first day of Fall.
Let's say I do one during the next 2 weeks 2018 ( still Winter), then anytime in Spring 2018 then anytime in Summer 2018?
Does that qualify for 4 seasons, within 12 months ( even though it's not the same year)
The ride (SS1000 for example) needs to be the same on all 4 rides. Each ride must be on the day of the solstice or equinox, starting or ending on that day. Yes, you may complete it in 2 years.

I will complete the spring equinox this month. I can start on the 19th and finish on the 20th, or start on 20th and finish on the 20th or 21st.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I seem to recall reading not long ago the reason that it was NOT deemed a requirement to do it consecutively (e.g. 12 month calendar window) was that - for some locales - the winter weather would make a motorcycle ride less than a safe event.

We're endurance riders, we're not senseless riders. There may be some riders that don't differentiate between the two, but we know better.

TheRoss

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm in.
Completed a ride September 22 for Fall.
Got rides planned for the next 3 dates.

And a Memorial ride coming this Saturday (since work wouldn't allow me to make BAT).
Love the theme rides!