Frans need a ride - 25 May 2017

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Nico, I am planning on riding the Trans Australia ride (72 hours). As I posted before, I'll do Byron Bay to Port Augusta on day 1, then crossing the Nullarbor to Norseman and the last leg on day 3 to Denham.
50CC GOLD from Brisbane to anywhere on the Westcoast is outside of my league and capabilities.

Peter, if anyone, I would think that you would do that ride. Woof woof :D:D

tj189

Premier Member
Nico, I am planning on riding the Trans Australia ride (72 hours). As I posted before, I'll do Byron Bay to Port Augusta on day 1, then crossing the Nullarbor to Norseman and the last leg on day 3 to Denham.
50CC GOLD from Brisbane to anywhere on the Westcoast is outside of my league and capabilities.

Peter, if anyone, I would think that you would do that ride. Woof woof :D:D
Good luck with the Trans Australia Quest Frans

Farkleit

Premier Member
I am planning to hang out around the Byron Bay area in the very small hours of the day on a Thursday late in May. I hope to be back home the next Friday or Saturday.

If anyone would be interested in tagging along, the details will be something like this:

Day 1: Byron Bay to Port Augusta
Day 2: Port Augusta to Norseman
Day 3: Norseman to Denham WA
Day 4 & 5: Making my way from Denham to Katherine
Day 6: Service bike and go to Darwin
Day 7: Darwin to Glendambo
Day 8: Glendambo to Melbourne
Day 9: Back home
Is there a specific Spot in Byron Bay the trans Australian Ride departs from? And is the sand sample etc a requirement?
Same question for the other end, Norseman and Denham?

tj189

Premier Member
There are no requirements for a sea and sand samples for the Trans Australia Quest but collect if you wish. You will need a start docket from Byron Bay of course. Riders have taken photographs from the beach collecting samples and others from the lighthouse, the same response fits at Denham but I can't remember a lighthouse there. Not sure what your reference is to Norseman except as a corner docket?

Fransvdm

Premier Member
I have decided on 25 May as departure date, weather permitted.

If it is cyclone weather, then postponing with a week.

Planning is going well. Not too many taggers along at this stage..... o_Oo_Oo_O

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If I worked out the dates correctly I am planning on being in Darwin on the 30th and will be tagging along to Glendambo on the 31st. If extra time off is possible i will join you the following day as well.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
25th shal be a Thursday in May. I may be a bit off my food on that day and good there after for some days. Those days will make me very good by the Monday just in time for work.
Or I'll just sau to my good boss" Im off for a ride mate. Ill send you some pics. See you Monday"

I shall work on that Frans.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
If I worked out the dates correctly I am planning on being in Darwin on the 30th and will be tagging along to Glendambo on the 31st. If extra time off is possible i will join you the following day as well.
Jeffrey

I have changed plans. We'll take 3 days yo get to Darwin nstead of 2
Then I want the bike serviced, so we'll leave Darwin around 1am on the 1st

Frans

Tele

Premier Member
Frans, the roster gods have me off work on 25 May. If the plan holds, I would love to be there at the start line to witness your paperwork, take some happy snaps and wish you and Brian well for your journey. Keep us posted on the details re start place and time, and I'll do my best to get there if work doesn't interject with another damn meeting. :)

Dicky Knee

Frans...what is your expected route from Norseman to Denham. And what day/night do you expect that to be. May be able to 'hook up'
and provide some company (if you like).

Fransvdm

Premier Member
I intend to sleep at Norseman on Friday night and leave early, calgoordie, Geraldton.
I would like to go to Perth and take highway 1, but will decide later on.
It is fair to say that I should be going to at least Northam before start heading north
I will have SPOT running

Fransvdm

Premier Member
I fitted the lights. Not what I wanted, but what I could get. Clearwater lights does not work on bikes that are fitted with LED headlights. So I fit a set of LED Rider's lights which are really good, and a set of jaycar lights, which are less good.

I added a couple of GPS's, one of which is the latest Zumo 595. I also have a waterproof mobile phone case to make life easy for phone calls, etc

I have a set of Bridgestone Exedra tyres which I was going to fit, but read up and it seems that Michelin Commander II are long lasting tyres. It is such a pain to replace the rear tyre on this bike, so I ordered a set of Commanders last Thursday, which, you guessed it, haven't arrived from Sydney yet. I think the fact that they asked me to pay for the tyres when I ordered it had something to do with it. Next time I'll do it my way, but the tyres online, next day delivery at my doorstep, and pay 50 bucks to have the tyres fitted on the rims if I'm too lazy to do it myself.

I'll service the rear end while it is stripped and the bike will be services on Saturday.

Then I'll make my way to Byron Bay on Wednesday 24th. I am kinda excited.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
My posts on this forum will be very limited. I will post the progress with photos in facebook in my special group. If you are not my friend or want to track my progress on there, ask me.

Reader57

Looking good Frans! Bit worried about the Clearwater comment. Is that because of wiring/load issues or because of the performance of the Clearwater lights?