Garage floor

I need some advice, please.

I am having a shiny new garage built with nice new concrete base. I want a floor coating to protect it that offers the following...

1. Hard wearing.
2. Non slip.
3. Able to move an Abba stand around unhindered
4. Long lasting
5. Fluid proof (petrol/oil etc.).

I have looked at rubber matting, garage floor tiles and many other solutions, but they all seem to have drawbacks from what I can see. For instance, rubber matting will likely cause problems with the Abba stand when the caster wheels sink into it and becomes stuck (the wheels are too small really)

The most promising looks to be 2 pack epoxy coating with a non slip additive. It seems to meet all of my criteria. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this?

Cheers
garage floor epoxy las vegas
Steve
I am planning to put in storage lifts in my garage. What is the best coating for the garage floor concrete?

I used Rust Oleum RockSolid Epoxyshield, Very pleased with the results.

Before:

After:

Just make sure you take your time cleaning and etching. Being brand-new, your floor will likely not have much in the way of oil stains. Mine did. The previous owner was not very careful about keeping oil off the floor and even as hard as I tried, I still had some difficulty with oil seeping through the coating when it was all done. This 24'x48' floor took five kits total with very little left over. I added non-slip grit to the mix and chose the blue/grey color chip flakes to toss on top as I went along. All told, this one took me three days. One day cleaning, one day etching, and one day coating.
nice job , not much need for a house with that set up

Y

yomav

I need some advice, please.

I am having a shiny new garage built with nice new concrete base. I want a floor coating to protect it that offers the following...

1. Hard wearing.
2. Non slip.
3. Able to move an Abba stand around unhindered
4. Long lasting
5. Fluid proof (petrol/oil etc.).

I have looked at rubber matting, garage floor tiles and many other solutions, but they all seem to have drawbacks from what I can see. For instance, rubber matting will likely cause problems with the Abba stand when the caster wheels sink into it and becomes stuck (the wheels are too small really)

The most promising looks to be 2 pack epoxy coating with a non slip additive Garage Flooring Houston. It seems to meet all of my criteria. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this?

Cheers

Steve
Hello. Just bought a house that has a 2 car garage with an ugly concrete floor. What are the current best solutions for a covering? Race deck? Some kind of epoxy coating? I'm tough on floors- floor jacks, dropped tools, some hobby welding, grinding, etc. My brother's place has ventilated race deck, and after working in his garage for a few days, I hate it. Too uncomfortable to kneel on, swallows small hardware, and I wouldn't know where to begin with a sloppy oil change clean up.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Where are you? In high humidity locations, no matter what you do, it's going to sweat. That rules out epoxy. The interlocking tile w/o the ventilation holes has some advantage there.

I used the same product, but top coated with a clear. As I recall, RustOlem sells three different, but similar products. Go with the highest quality (most expensive). It is worth it. The coverage per pack is overstated. Divide the garage into areas that are about 75% of what the package instructions say will be covered. Many 2 or 3 car garages have joints. These are good places to divide up the paint and not show a start/stop line.
The instructions say to pour some out on the floor and spread it with a roller. This was unsatisfactory for me. I poured the product into a common roller pan. The open time for the epoxy was good (70 degrees, low humidity), but I suspect you would run into problems if you stopped for a beer in the middle of an application.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Sure, West Africa, totally safe! Yeah, I'm not clicking on it either.
Gets better... Looks like it is registered through Russia.

WHOIS search results
% TCI Whois Service. Terms of use:
% https://tcinet.ru/documents/whois_ru_rf.pdf (in Russian)
% https://tcinet.ru/documents/whois_su.pdf (in Russian)
domain: AVRILLAVIGNE.SU
descr: The Best Damn Site about Avril Lavigne
nserver: ns1.ht-systems.ru.
nserver: ns2.ht-systems.ru.
state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED
person: Private Person
e-mail: [email protected]
registrar: R01-SU
created: 2007-12-04T21:00:00Z
paid-till: 2023-12-04T21:00:00Z
free-date: 2024-01-07
source: TCI
Last updated on 2023-06-02T03:11:30Z

Y

yomav

Gets better... Looks like it is registered through Russia.

WHOIS search results
% TCI Whois Service. Terms of use:
% https://tcinet.ru/documents/whois_ru_rf.pdf (in Russian)
% https://tcinet.ru/documents/whois_su.pdf (in Russian)
domain: AVRILLAVIGNE.SU
descr: The Best Damn Site about Avril Lavigne
nserver: ns1.ht-systems.ru.
nserver: ns2.ht-systems.ru.
state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED
person: Private Person
e-mail: [email protected]
registrar: R01-SU
created: 2007-12-04T21:00:00Z
paid-till: 2023-12-04T21:00:00Z
free-date: 2024-01-07
source: TCI epoxy flooring atlanta